• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TPS Graded All 31 First Rounders from 2023

Hoenheim

How would you grade Bryce?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How did Bryce do year 1?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Guess what Bryce graded as? 

Notable Grades: 

- Bryce Young: F 

- Stroud: A+

- Will Anderson: A+ 

- Anthony Richardson: B

- Bijan Robinson: B+

- Jalen Carter: A+ (at our original pick#9)

- Darnell Wright (OT) Bears pick: C

I'm pretty upset with this trade man. If Bryce doesn't seriously turn it in year 2 it's going to be possibly the worst trade in NFL history. Especially if the Bears picks work out.

It's wild to think we could've gotten any of the other qbs and probably been better off in year one anyway.  

These content creators rarely give picks F grades unless they're extremely bad lol

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

While we all love knee jerk reactions to things, I think rushing to conclusions is pretty short sighted.

You can absolutely say that Bryce Young did not meet expectations.  That's true and accurate.  You can also say that he didn't have a lot of help.  Bryce was sold to the NFL fanbase as a guy who didn't need the support because he was a play maker.  He wasn't.  That's fair.  It's easy to look at the success of CJ Stroud and say "Why didn't we do that?!?  Bryce is a turd!!!"

But like most things in life, it's not so easy or useful to make fast decisions like that.  Bryce was not helped by the Frankenstein System of Reich and Brown.  His offensive line was not great.  His Qb coaching was sub par.  Basically, when you throw a doughnut in a port a john, it becomes just another piece of poo in that gross blue water.

The 2023 Panthers SUCKED!  Bad!!  Now the question is, can Bryce be redeemed?  Yes.  If he gets the right coaching and system, and is taught how to be an NFL QB by his coaches, then we can really see what's up.  Next year is going to be a cluster as well, as we work our way out of the porta potty world.  I expect Bryce to be better.  To improve in those fundamentals.  To play with more poise and anticipation.

If he has a repeat in 2024, then I think it's much more fair to call him a bust than right now.  Remember, as much fan as it is kicking someone while they're down, he was the consensus #1 pick.  If Houston had traded to 1, they would have selected him.  

Chill out, enjoy some football, and let's obsess over our next coaching staff and GM...=)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Guess what Bryce graded as? 

Notable Grades: 

- Bryce Young: F 

- Stroud: A+

- Will Anderson: A+ 

- Anthony Richardson: B

- Bijan Robinson: B+

- Jalen Carter: A+ (at our original pick#9)

- Darnell Wright (OT) Bears pick: C

I'm pretty upset with this trade man. If Bryce doesn't seriously turn it in year 2 it's going to be possibly the worst trade in NFL history. Especially if the Bears picks work out.

It's wild to think we could've gotten any of the other qbs and probably been better off in year one anyway.  

These content creators rarely give picks F grades unless they're extremely bad lol

F easily. Even with the inept coaching, bad OL, incompetent receivers the dude looked like pickles. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm pretty upset with this trade man. If Bryce doesn't seriously turn it in year 2 it's going to be possibly the worst trade in NFL history.

I said it before and I’ll say it till the cows come home. Trading up in the first round besides maybe a 2-3 spot positional move is the dumbest fugging thing. Hoping for a franchise QB at 1 is even more stupid. It’s actually a wonder the Texans may have hit on their pick. Good franchise QB’s usually don’t show up until after the top 10. 

Trading from 9th to 1st is essentially betting all in on a 2-7 off suit. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 3

Incomplete is the best grade IMO. If we get a functional offense and he still struggles then grade away and move on. He didn’t show he could survive in a terrible offense like you would like the top pick to do, but not many QBs could have. I just have trouble grading anything with our awful OG play, lack of weapons, and terrible play calling. He should get his shot next year to show us something. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

While we all love knee jerk reactions to things, I think rushing to conclusions is pretty short sighted.

You can absolutely say that Bryce Young did not meet expectations.  That's true and accurate.  You can also say that he didn't have a lot of help.  Bryce was sold to the NFL fanbase as a guy who didn't need the support because he was a play maker.  He wasn't.  That's fair.  It's easy to look at the success of CJ Stroud and say "Why didn't we do that?!?  Bryce is a turd!!!"

But like most things in life, it's not so easy or useful to make fast decisions like that.  Bryce was not helped by the Frankenstein System of Reich and Brown.  His offensive line was not great.  His Qb coaching was sub par.  Basically, when you throw a doughnut in a port a john, it becomes just another piece of poo in that gross blue water.

The 2023 Panthers SUCKED!  Bad!!  Now the question is, can Bryce be redeemed?  Yes.  If he gets the right coaching and system, and is taught how to be an NFL QB by his coaches, then we can really see what's up.  Next year is going to be a cluster as well, as we work our way out of the porta potty world.  I expect Bryce to be better.  To improve in those fundamentals.  To play with more poise and anticipation.

If he has a repeat in 2024, then I think it's much more fair to call him a bust than right now.  Remember, as much fan as it is kicking someone while they're down, he was the consensus #1 pick.  If Houston had traded to 1, they would have selected him.  

Chill out, enjoy some football, and let's obsess over our next coaching staff and GM...=)

About halfway through the season it became pretty obvious he was not seeing/throwing to NFL open receivers on a pretty consistent basis. I’m definitely not going to do it but it would be interesting if someone made a reel of all the open throws he either didn’t pull the trigger on because of not trusting his arm strength and/or him just giving up and throwing the ball out of bounds repeatedly when guys were open on scramble drills. He deserves tons of blame and it’s a shame we didn’t get to see Dalton run the offense because now we can’t evaluate the offense properly heading into the offseason

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1