• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want a Dan Campbell (leader of men) or Mike McDaniel (idiot savant) style of coach?

TheBigKat

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

You have to have a leader of men if your roster sucks. That’s where the Panthers are. 

Our roster sucks but to be fair its a blank slate to be built in to what a coach wants because no one on the offense especially is irreplaceable. 

Our identity, when it has been at its best, has come when we were just punch you in the face tough and I think that's the identity we miss the most.

The idiot savant is what is shiny at the moment, but we need someone who will get the players to fight when its all falling down around you.

We're at the bottom and we're going to have to fight to climb out. Give me the guy who will instil that.

• Pie 1

On 1/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, toldozer said:

We need someone to bring back a culture and an attitude.  We have nothing right now. I wanted Pierce but looks like Vegas is going to do the right thing and keep him. I suppose I'd settle for Vrabel at this point. 

Vrable would not hurt my feelings at all 

Long term, the offensive savant

Right now, the leader of men

Dan Campbell was never meant to be the Lions long term solution.  I live in Michigan and all my Lions friends loved the hire but admitted that he likely would only be there for a few years, they viewed him as someone to come in and just right the ship for a franchise lost at sea and get it moving in the right direction for the next and hopefully long term coach.

Turns out that he's done even better than that, but it's what we need right now.

We just need to get a culture in the locker room and get this franchise moving in the right direction.  And since I don't think Bryce is the long term solution either, I'm less concerned about fixing him than I am just getting a sense of normalcy and fight back in the locker room.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, toldozer said:

We need someone to bring back a culture and an attitude.  We have nothing right now. I wanted Pierce but looks like Vegas is going to do the right thing and keep him. I suppose I'd settle for Vrabel at this point. 

You would "settle" for Vrabel?

He might be my #1 choice, the guy can coach.

Only one that I think I'd rank above him of likely candidates would be Ben Johnson, and only coach I'd absolutely rank over him would be Tomlin if the Steelers are stupid and decide to not sign him long term and decide to mutually part ways (which I can't see happening anyways).

This question makes about as much sense as asking if you want a RB awesome running over people up the middle but awful at receiving and making guys miss. Or a vice versa. This might be true in the 5th round but in the 1st you can have both. 

Yes, Campbell is a 10 in leader of men, but he is also an 8 in idiot savant.