• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tidbits from Joe Person in The Athletic

Mr. Scot

Yea a lot is put into these “good coaches wouldn’t want to come here” narratives but in the end money talks, as well as ego. Would be a helluva feather in the cap to turn this franchise and QB around. I don’t think anyone is turning their nose up at Carolina, and a report from one of the main “insiders”, I forget which, said as much a few weeks ago. 

• Pie 1

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea a lot is put into these “good coaches wouldn’t want to come here” narratives but in the end money talks, as well as ego. Would be a helluva feather in the cap to turn this franchise and QB around. I don’t think anyone is turning their nose up at Carolina, and a report from one of the main “insiders”, I forget which, said as much a few weeks ago. 

yet Harbaugh, who has inquired multiple times, gets nothing. again, tepper is the problem.

7 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Tepper is wasting a lot of time and energy on Ben Johnson 😆 in what world does the best HC candidate take the worst available job???

Haven't even interviewed him yet so not much time at all 

4 hours ago, RockyTopVol said:

Guys, we're not getting Ben Johnson. 

Canales is probably the best candidate that might actually be gettable for the Panthers right now. Maybe Evero. 

Totally agree Ben Johnson has better options and as his first head coaching gig he would be very shortsighted to take this job.

I like Mike Vrabel personally but he is also too smart to come here 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I do think Tepper's recent history, the lack of a first round pick, and likely having to deal with a bust at QB for one year is weighing us down, but the money Tepper is willing to spend can be attractive.  If he can guarantee coaches he's going to do things differently this year with how he interacts with the staff then I think this job could be more attractive than it seems, especially for some guys that may have a local connection, etc.

Plus even being least attractive is still quite attractive.

Hitching your career to Tepper as a young(ish) coach is just a bad idea. Sure you can get a payday now, but likely your career is going to get flushed down the sewer and you're going to lose any real future opportunities in the league. We're going to end up with a coach that no one else wants looking for a retirement check before leaving the league for good. Tepper is a cancer that even his money can't fix. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Hitching your career to Tepper as a young(ish) coach is just a bad idea. Sure you can get a payday now, but likely your career is going to get flushed down the sewer and you're going to lose any real future opportunities in the league. We're going to end up with a coach that no one else wants looking for a retirement check before leaving the league for good. Tepper is a cancer that even his money can't fix. 

Anyone that we should want as our coach would have to demand some assurance that the Teppers (wife included) are not involved in decisions on personnel.

If they don’t demand that, I don’t believe they can turn this around