• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan named GM/President

Mr. Scot

10 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Although Fitterer was the boss, Morgan was deeply involved in a number of questionable Panther personnel decisions: Trading Christian McCaffrey, picking Bryce Young over C.J. Stroud and declining the L.A. Rams’ offer of two first-round picks and a third-round pick for Brian Burns, to name just three.

Awkward Andy Samberg GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

This is either going to be really good or really bad. Hoping for the best.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Awkward Andy Samberg GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

This is either going to be really good or really bad. Hoping for the best.

I pray Fowler isnt right but he wouldnt write that without first hand knowledge.  He is a douche cuck but he is at least a professional when it comes to that sort of thing

• Pie 1

So Tepper hires a search firm and, lo and behold, ends up with the in-house candidate that, per varying reports, Tepper already trusts... 

What a surprise.

Again, not Dan's fault for taking the job and maybe he ends up being great, but it just doesn't inspire confidence at this time.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2

14 hours ago, fanpanther said:

Curious what did he post in the fanboard and is every really sure it was him?

Not sure if this has been addressed - but back in the day he created a thread to announce he was joining the huddle and to promote his restaurant venture. Even told folks that if they stopped by to eat to ask if he is there and he would say hello - several users did this and posted about their experience. He would post his takes from time to time on things related to the team as well.

I want to say that it was 2009 when Jake was off the rails and the board wanted Matt Moore to start that Dan posted to say he had heard from people on the team that Moore wasn't prepared to start, that he had not picked up the playbook, and some random posters who didn't know better said "yeah, like you would know anything about that". 

Also recall someone who didn't like what he had to say call out his concussion and injury history - pretty sure he left after that and I don't blame him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Not sure if this has been addressed - but back in the day he created a thread to announce he was joining the huddle and to promote his restaurant venture. Even told folks that if they stopped by to eat to ask if he is there and he would say hello - several users did this and posted about their experience. He would post his takes from time to time on things related to the team as well.

I want to say that it was 2009 when Jake was off the rails and the board wanted Matt Moore to start that Dan posted to say he had heard from people on the team that Moore wasn't prepared to start, that he had not picked up the playbook, and some random posters who didn't know better said "yeah, like you would know anything about that". 

Also recall someone who didn't like what he had to say call out his concussion and injury history - pretty sure he left after that and I don't blame him.

Matt Moore would go on to finish out that season strong with a  4-1 record 

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Mage said:

This will probably work out with how many people hate it.  Seems like the opposite always comes true when it comes to this team.

That is true haha.  All the Tepper hires that have turned out terribly were regarded.  

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Moore would go on to finish out that season strong with a  4-1 record 

Doesn't mean that the info. he heard from one of the coaches wasn't correct (in their opinion) at that point in the season. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Going to brace myself for Dan Morgan's first move.....to insist Brian Burns is the key to the Panthers future and help pave the way for him to be massively overpaid. 

Burns almost certainly wants out of here.  I would

• Beer 1

I actually like this hire!  Maybe it's because I was a fan when he played, maybe it's because he is just one of us that actually use to post on these very forums; just one of the guys / gals I guess you could say.  He cares about Panthers' football in general and to me that means something.  

• Pie 1

The Morgan hire mirrors the Lynch hire when Sportsology helped San Francisco a few years back. It’s been my understanding for a while now that Morgan was the cynic of the group and was always on the outside until this season. For those around it became more apparent that Tepper was seen walking, talking, and sitting with Morgan at practice, games and events more and more as the season progressed. Just speculation but that sure indicates that he may have shared some perspective that turned out to be true.

Frankly, I’m not surprised at the decision. I feel that the emphasis on him also being the “President of Football Ops” also indicates that he will be a buffer between the HC and Owner which was likely highly recommended by Sportsology (Look at Roseman and Snead on the other two teams they have assisted). I still think somebody like Tilis or Matteo could come in and be the “numbers” guy in an AGM role or similar.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1