• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Trading Rozier to the Heat

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

We could have gotten more, he is having his best season.  Plus, fug the Heat.

According to who? Why wouldn’t they take more if they could get it? Especially trading to the Heat. This was definitely the best offer available.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I just looked up Lowry's age. Yikes.

I think he served 2 tours of duty in Nam. 

Seriously, this team acts like it is a minor league franchise.    I rarely comment here but I read the posts--just not a huge NBA fan.  So this is the perspective of the casual fan:  This was about contracts, I suppose, and cap space (which means little to NBA teams in large markets)--but at some point, you have to make a move.  The hornets seem to have a rising star locked up in Ball and Miller-that is a solid combination.  I think there are role players who have hot and cold nights because they are asked to do more than their talent dictates.  Gordon is just milking the money out of the franchise--nobody is hurt that much.  So when the Hornets get rid of the dead wood, and Rozier is nearly 30--maybe too much talent and salary cap in the back court to bring in an additional star front line player.  I dunno, but I would like to see a plan.  Furthermore, getting rid of Rozier could guarantee that the Hornets get a lot of ping pong balls. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Yooooo, what is going on in Milwaukee!? Just saw a report they are firing their HC. They have the second best record in the league lol.

They going after Doc Rivers before we do in the off-season. Smart for them Doc was going to be the best candidate this off-season.

43 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Yooooo, what is going on in Milwaukee!? Just saw a report they are firing their HC. They have the second best record in the league lol.

Radio said he couldn’t get along with the players and the owner wants Doc Rivers

Edited by Shocker

I really like this trade.

The Hornets need to get salary off the books and acquire draft capital and they did both.

There’s a few on here that keep mentioning things like, “no one will sign here” or “no one wants to come to Charlotte”… I’d argue that the point of opening up cap space isn’t for now, it’s for the future.

There’s only one guy that I’d target in this years free agency and that’s Maxey, and he’ll likely return to Philly. Beyond that the Hornets should continue to focus on rebuilding through the draft and then acquiring the missing piece via a trade, similar to teams like Minnesota, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.

The Hornets offloaded a good player on a large contract and took no money back (Lowry is expiring) while also getting a future first round pick.

This team is still two years away from realistically competing for the playoffs but hypothetically we could have a young corp of LaMelo Ball, Ja’Kobe Walter (draft), Brandon Miller, and Mark Williams. Assuming we just sign guys to one or two year deals that will continue to allow us to have cap flexibility in the future and then when this team is ready to compete we’ll also have trade assets (like the 2027 first round pick that we acquired).

I think this deal is a win for the Hornets if they truly are content with doing a rebuild.

Not having a big veteran contract on the books for the future is massive.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I really like this trade.

The Hornets need to get salary off the books and acquire draft capital and they did both.

There’s a few on here that keep mentioning things like, “no one will sign here” or “no one wants to come to Charlotte”… I’d argue that the point of opening up cap space isn’t for now, it’s for the future.

There’s only one guy that I’d target in this years free agency and that’s Maxey, and he’ll likely return to Philly. Beyond that the Hornets should continue to focus on rebuilding through the draft and then acquiring the missing piece via a trade, similar to teams like Minnesota, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.

The Hornets offloaded a good player on a large contract and took no money back (Lowry is expiring) while also getting a future first round pick.

This team is still two years away from realistically competing for the playoffs but hypothetically we could have a young corp of LaMelo Ball, Ja’Kobe Walter (draft), Brandon Miller, and Mark Williams. Assuming we just sign guys to one or two year deals that will continue to allow us to have cap flexibility in the future and then when this team is ready to compete we’ll also have trade assets (like the 2027 first round pick that we acquired).

I think this deal is a win for the Hornets if they truly are content with doing a rebuild.

Not having a big veteran contract on the books for the future is massive.

A “protected 2028 1st” - we just started 2024, 4 years out and protected?!!  I dunno, the (hopeful) salary dump is fine but man

Terry was worth way more than this.  Heat fans and even casual fans are loving this deal for Miami.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Why don’t they trade for a 2040 first? Lol. Stupid ass franchise.

We can draft Lamelo’s son at that point (except it’s protected so we’ll have to trade more picks).

2050 8th seed Playoffs!

Edited by HardcoreHokie