• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me it isn't happening...and there is a zero % chance

CRA

1 hour ago, SurvivalSloth said:

My prediction:

• Owner - Tepper
  • GM - Morgan
  • HC - Canales
  • OC - Darren Bevell (With Morgan and Canales in Seattle)
  • DC - Evero
  • ST - Tabor

Y'all are overlooking the AGM - Brandt Tillis.

Being that he'll likely be the new contracts guy, he's going to play a part in this. Hell, if things go badly, he could be our next GM.

• Pie 3

I'm honestly not that impressed with Canales, but eh, it is what it is.  Evero honestly seems to really work magic with units with a lot of holes, but I dunno how he'd fare as HC.  I think he'd get the most of out his players, though.

• Beer 1

Tabor and Evero were both good at their jobs, why is keeping them a bad thing? I would probably prefer Canales or Johnson at this point but I think what Evero did with our defense given what he had to work with, is impressive to me at least.

I'd be okay with him giving Bryce a damn good defense to play around, and establish a run first offense.

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

WTF do you guys want? Shitt team with a ton of problems, no first round pick and a QB that is a big ?. Beggars can't be choosers? 

Hope for the best.

I mean, there are only 32 in the world.  Tepper does have the ability to make the opening less attractive than it is.  Which I think he continues to do.  Largely his involvement continues.  And he continues IMO to handicap the new HC and many likely would view it as such.  Morgan as much as people like the player.....probably makes the job less attractive to many.   I would think a good HC candidate would be wanting to come in here and tackle the problem w/ a new GM (preferably one he knows).   What are we offering? Come work with an in house guy that helped get us to the bottom.  Oh, and the owner is going to likely want to tell you who your staff is.  

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

Tabor and Evero were both good at their jobs, why is keeping them a bad thing? I would probably prefer Canales or Johnson at this point but I think what Evero did with our defense given what he had to work with, is impressive to me at least.

I'd be okay with him giving Bryce a damn good defense to play around, and establish a run first offense.

I mean, we are attempting to attract a new HC.    Then you got Tepper telling him who the majority of his top staff are?   That's generally not how it goes.  Especially if you are the worst team in the NFL and the job is to change the culture here.   

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, we are attempting to attract a new HC.    Then you got Tepper telling him who the majority of his top staff are?   That's generally not how it goes.  Especially if you are the worst team in the NFL and the job is to change the culture here.   

Maybe its easier to ride this year out with Bryce. If we can land a few draft picks, especially late round picks, maybe we can build some talent for the HC after that to work with. 

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

CRA you need to ban yourself for a month or so, you are losing it.

lol.  Yeah, if I told you Jim Caldwell was going to be tasked with helping find the new GM and the new GM was already here.....people would have called that crazy a couple months ago. 

Ejiro has already made it to round 2 of interviews.  It's not crazy to think given what world Tepper is creating for the next HC.....Ejiro might be the guy who is agreeable to taking it on and others are resistant IMO.   Better odds of Ejiro than Ben Johnson if my money is on the line. 

I'm not saying what I propose is the likely outcome.  But a variation of that is on the table at this point.   Folks better prepare themselves for this gigantic change next year not actually coming to fruition as a reasonable outcome IMO. 

• Beer 2

Can anyone say this is just going to be a caretaker gig at best?

We're going to be back here next year at this time in the same situation.

This coming season is just a season to get past the lack of a draft pick and bare cupboards here. Most likely whoever is hired as HC and front office (sorry Dan the man), they are just carrying the water until we can give a better candidate a full package to work with.

Morgan and a coach to be named later are probably just Stalking Horses to cover up for the long term poo we got ourselves into. 

The other option is that we're looking for some miracle worker that can turn nothing into something. 

• Beer 2

I’ve said it before, Evero is the best pick. Not because he is the best option, but he is better than anybody we can realistically land. Seriously, no candidate we would actually want would be here. Additionally, they would be so over Tepper’s ish, it’s another blow it up year waiting to happen. 

Our goal for this coming season should be just win some damn games and give some sense of overall stability. If we win 5 games and be at least competitive in close losses with good effort shown, then we have something to build on. 

Evero is a known commodity. He can field a competent football team and his players seem to respond to his style of coaching. Is he our long term guy. Don’t know. It’s a similar situation to Wilks. What do we have to lose giving him a 2 year contract? 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, CRA said:

lol.  Yeah, if I told you Jim Caldwell was going to be tasked with helping find the new GM and the new GM was already here.....people would have called that crazy a couple months ago. 

Ejiro has already made it to round 2 of interviews.  It's not crazy to think given what world Tepper is creating for the next HC.....Ejiro might be the guy who is agreeable to taking it on and others are resistant IMO.   Better odds of Ejiro than Ben Johnson if my money is on the line. 

I'm not saying what I propose is the likely outcome.  But a variation of that is on the table at this point.   Folks better prepare themselves for this gigantic change next year not actually coming to fruition as a reasonable outcome IMO. 

I’m fully expecting this team to look exactly the same next year.