• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why aren't we interviewing Bill Belicheck?

Only the Falcons have interviewed him so far. Seems like the perfect time for us to get in the mix for BB. Yeah I'm not the biggest fan personally, but at least with BB we know Tepper will somewhat be second fiddle as BB doesn't go for the nonsense. At least he will bring a different culture to the team. The program will definitely change under BB imo.

Should we pursue BB?

• Poo 4

Just now, hepcat said:

He's a terrible candidate. He just wants to plop somewhere for a few years to beat Don Shula's win record

Respect to what he has accomplished, but this is probably why the ATL thing died down.  He doesn't really have a coaching tree that inspires confidence post his reign.  ATL could get the wins required in a couple years.. 4 max.  Where does that leave them afterwards? Restarting all over again.

4 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Respect to what he has accomplished, but this is probably why the ATL thing died down.  He doesn't really have a coaching tree that inspires confidence post his reign.  ATL could get the wins required in a couple years.. 4 max.  Where does that leave them afterwards? Restarting all over again.

I'm not sure he's getting hired anywhere this offseason. Maybe he takes a year off and one of the talented but underachieving playoff teams (Cowboys, Bills come to mind) want to hire him to get them over the hump. Who knows. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'm not sure he's getting hired anywhere this offseason. Maybe he takes a year off and one of the talented but underachieving playoff teams (Cowboys, Bills come to mind) want to hire him to get them over the hump. Who knows. 

I was almost assured he would take an advising job for a season.

Do we have a Tom Brady in his 20s or 30s? If not, then he's no good to us. He's not really firing on all cylinders. Remember he went a year with an offense without offensive coaches?

Pretty much I do not want.

31 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Do we have a Tom Brady in his 20s or 30s? If not, then he's no good to us. He's not really firing on all cylinders. Remember he went a year with an offense without offensive coaches?

Pretty much I do not want.

The league has passed him by but I'm fairly confident Bryce Young under Belichick in the 2000s would've won a few SBs. Brady played such a small role in Belichick's early success. That evolved over the course of Brady's career but those first 6 years and 3 SBs were all Belichick (and his cheating of course).

• Pie 3