• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How is Tepper going to f*ck it up this time?

hepcat

Let’s have some fun since it’s the Panthers offseason. He already promoted Dan Morgan to the GM spot, who had a large part in the worst 3 season stretch in team history. Was it because none of the external candidates they interviewed actually wanted the job? Who knows. The optics of promoting Dan Morgan suck. 

So how can he make it worse? Because I think it’s going to get worse. David “Murphy’s Football” Tepper seems to just figure out the worst decision he can make and double down on it. 

Hiring Mike Vrabel seems like a possibility. I’m not a fan of hiring another retread coach and Vrabel seems better suited for a team with a more playoff ready roster. The Panthers are going to be a long term rebuild and need a cohesive staff to be there for the long term. 

Or will he hire Dave Canales, who was a position coach only a year ago? His connection to Dan Morgan certainly nudges us to believe he will be the hire. Is he too inexperienced?

Or will they throw Tepper’s entire bank about at Ben Johnson who I’m not sure has any desire to coach the Panthers?

Lets wait and see how much darker it can get!

• Pie 1
  • Poo 5

I'm not going to pretend I know a ton about Canales. I see he did more than we ever could with Baker and got decent performance of a bad running back room. Johnson would be great but i'm almost to the point where give me Vrabels. Man do those Rivera days seem nice compared to what we have now to watch.

Just now, CBDellinger said:

He needs to take a page outta the Costanza playbook and do the opposite. 

You would think he would have figured it out by now. Just do the opposite. It can't be any worse than the results he has gotten so far.