• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Dan had success at Buffalo and Seattle.  At the end of the day if we start winning Tepper will start backing off.  It's a pattern of several owners in the league.  

Not a fan of a guy saying "I'll stop interfering when you start winning" when his interference is a big reason why we're not 😕

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The more I looked the less I like it. At first it was all the work he did with QBs which is impressive but his offense with the weapons he had last year was not really that good. Seattle not even brining him in for an interview is a red flag.

DC with Peters and I asume Ben Johnson is an A. This is looking like a C- and it could end up being worse. So about as expected in the end.

These are not the same receivers Brady had year one in Tampa. Chris Godwin coming off an ACL tear, Mike Evans at the 30 or over mark, no AB.  They had a decent cast around Baker but nothing more. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't follow the logic. It is an entirely different situation. We're like three seasons deeper into the toilet, with a decidedly worse roster, and still not necessarily a franchise QB.

What's not to follow? Fitterer received far more benefit of the doubt and much longer than he should have. Even when we first hired him people were on his jock.

Canales could either fizzle out or bring us back to relevance. Such is the gamble with a coordinator turned first time head coach. I'll at least give him a season or two to show me something.

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, frankw said:

What's not to follow? Fitterer received for more benefit of the doubt and much longer than he should have. Even when we first hired him people were on his jock.

Canales could either fizzle out or bring us back to relevance. Such is the gamble with a coordinator turned first time head coach. I'll at least give him a season or two to show me something.

You're saying that just because people were patient with Fitterer that this means that they should automatically be patient with Morgan (or Canales). To me, that's not necessarily true. It's preference and how one deems the state of the franchise. Obviously people are more likely to be less patient in 2024 than 2021.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not a fan of a guy saying "I'll stop interfering when you start winning" when his interference is a big reason why we're not 😕

Rhule wasn't winning regardless.  Reich would be the one where it got bad, but he was his own demise.  Forcing terrible schemes with the wrong players and refusing to adapt.  Both coaches were clearly not the right hires.  

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

You're saying that just because people were patient with Fitterer that this means that they should automatically be patient with Morgan (or Canales). To me, that's not necessarily true. It's preference and how one deems the state of the franchise. Obviously people are more likely to be less patient in 2024 than 2021.

I don't think we're on the same wavelength here. People weren't simply patient with Fitterer some practically worshipped him and that was from the beginning. It was Dave Gettleman all over again. Turns out he was actually worse.

Morgan I'm unsure about in this. He is going to be the X factor that determines Canales future here. He has been involved in some sketchy decisions and all we're left with is to wonder how much he liked or didn't like but had no control over. If we continue to draft the way we have then Canales or anyone else would be doomed.

Anywho you can be pessimistic and still give the new head coach a singular season.

If someone chooses the bitter route I don't blame them. But at least be upfront about it.

Thanks for the chat.

Almost 60% voted indifferent...................I'll bet a lot of those votes come from being apathetic about anything this organization is trying to do knowing the issue of dealing with the ownership of this franchise compromising everything.

If this site is a barometer of the Carolina Panther fan base then this franchise ownership better wake up...............(or else they are doing it with the goal of moving them)?