• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Is there a reason every Canales thread gets locked? You could root for Bryce Young to get hurt and a mod will pie you but if you bring up Canales, it's off limits for some reason.

keep it to football and it's ok.

pretty simple.

Hey @rayzor @LinvilleGorge is there a reason you guys keep locking those Canales threads?

Seems like people just want to discuss this guy off the field. I see no harm with people wanting to discuss his personal past. We do it for the players it's alright to do it for the HC as well.

When you guys lock those threads it seems like you trying to hide his past from others. This guy has changed it's okay for us to discuss his past. Let the huddle get to know our new HC please!

We don't hide from our past we embrace it baby!

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hey @rayzor @LinvilleGorge is there a reason you guys keep locking those Canales threads?

Seems like people just want to discuss this guy off the field. I see no harm with people wanting to discuss his personal past. We do it for the players it's alright to do it for the HC as well.

When you guys lock those threads it seems like you trying to hide his past from others. This guy has changed it's okay for us to discuss his past. Let the huddle get to know our new HC please!

I agree, no need to lock them all. I respect people that can screw up and admit it over hypocrites who screw up themselves and just judge others because some of their beliefs may not line up with their own. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

because the discussions always ends up taking a tinderbox bent. you want to debate or rehash all this stuff then take it somewhere else. same talking points keep getting brought up as if no one has heard it before. 

it's a constant beating of a dead horse. more, it's not football. 

i'll give an update on this. it's "encouraging" to see so many coaches jump ship to come with him. I really think Bowles is what held back the Bucs b/c that team won a super bowl with Arians. 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, the subject matter means it's inevitably gonna end up in the TB so just redirect there.

Especially when the OP of said thread attacks certain groups they obviously disagree with in their TL/DR epic rant. 

If Canales and his staff doesn't work out, it has nothing to do with their personal lives outside of football.  It would mean they aren't good football coaches.  So keeping it 100% about football it should remain.

• Pie 4

I agree to a point but when there's three new "Bryce Young is the worst QB who ever lived" threads every Sunday, using "beating a dead horse" as reasoning for locking Canales threads seems weak. I get that the contents can make it TB-worthy, but hell, I'd leave one of them open for discussion in this forum, move another to the TB and lock the rest. He's only the head coach -- seems prudent to discuss him. But it's not my place, so y'all do as you please.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Especially when the OP of said thread attacks certain groups they obviously disagree with in their TL/DR epic rant. 

If Canales and his staff doesn't work out, it has nothing to do with their personal lives outside of football.  It would mean they aren't good football coaches.  So keeping it 100% about football it should remain.

I really hate that thread was locked. That post was so absolutely nuts, the entertainment value lost is such a shame.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

People fail at jobs all the time because of their personal lives. 

fwiw at most big corporations his past would preclude most of us from employment. Not the c suite people of course 

Edited by electro's horse

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

People fail at jobs all the time because of their personal lives. 

fwiw at most big corporations his past would preclude most of us from employment. Not the c suite people of course 

That's cool if that how you felt across the board, but I know it's not, and was crystal clear in that post.  Is he qualified?  I would say his resume' is thin.  I have no idea how he's going to turn out or the team with his staff hires.  Odds are stacked against him heavily, but his personal life, especially the distant past isn't conflicting him now.  He seems to be in a good place with his personal life and if he fails here it's because of this bad franchise, the tight window he's got to turn this thing around in and largely coaching decisions.  Let's pray for his success. 🙏

• Beer 1