• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

you can use whatever word you want, but he is obviously doing something to QB's, WR's and offenses that has caused an undersized QB to win a super bowl (Russ), a WR room consisting of Doug Baldwin, rookie Tyler Lockett and David Moore to be a super bowl winning trio

wait what

his work as a WR coach "caused" russell wilson to win a super bowl? Was that WR coach in the QB room? of course not stop being stupid. There are two people that think of that Seahawks team and think of Russell Wilson: you and Wilson. 

I'm not sure what Tyler locket contributed to that team since he was still at kansas. You're probably trying to say Ricardo lockett, but you're starting from a conclusion and working backwards and don't know what you're talking about on top of that so you get embarrassing stupid poo like this. David Moore was not even in college yet, to say nothing of being on the Seahawks roster. 

Don't respond. Just log off

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

wait what

his work as a WR coach "caused" russell wilson to win a super bowl? Was that WR coach in the QB room? of course not stop being stupid. There are two people that think of that Seahawks team and think of Russell Wilson: you and Wilson. 

I'm not sure what Tyler locket contributed to that team since he was still at kansas. You're probably trying to say Ricardo lockett, but you're starting from a conclusion and working backwards and don't know what you're talking about on top of that so you get embarrassing stupid poo like this. David Moore was not even in college yet, to say nothing of being on the Seahawks roster. 

Don't respond. Just log off

having good receivers helps the QB, the Seahawks have had a lot of solid receivers top to bottom from 2011 to 2017 thanks to Canales in part. Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse. These guys all showed up and helped the Seahawks win a bowl and be a top team in the league for a while. I see you ignored the two other examples in Geno / Baker, so it looks like you're more focused on complaining and being right than looking at positives - so go off king.

25 minutes ago, GOAT said:

having good receivers helps the QB, the Seahawks have had a lot of solid receivers top to bottom from 2011 to 2017 thanks to Canales in part. Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse. These guys all showed up and helped the Seahawks win a bowl and be a top team in the league for a while. I see you ignored the two other examples in Geno / Baker, so it looks like you're more focused on complaining and being right than looking at positives - so go off king.

You identified two players as reasons they were able to win the Super Bowl who weren’t even on the team. Sorry if I don’t care about the points you think are good. 

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

You identified two players as reasons they were able to win the Super Bowl who weren’t even on the team. Sorry if I don’t care about the points you think are good. 

Sorry that listing Lockett instead of Golden Tate caused you not to see any positivity in Canales' coaching track history.

This has probably been posted before but also probably skipped over during the initial rush of comments about the hire. I like that he came up from inner city LA near Compton, working second jobs so he could substitute teach and help young players out. No nepotism in his journey aside from striking up interest from Pete Carrol (I'm assuming from Pete scouting the local schools for USC) and getting a shot that he took seriously and took advantage of. He's no short order cook but it's a decent underdog story!

I think we got a smart gameplanner, communicator, and teacher. 

im pretty high on this hire. There’s gonna be some growing pains as he learns to be a HC but im going to remain patient and optimistic until shown otherwise. Bryce should be in good hands. 

Now Dan go out and get Tee Higgins. 

• Pie 2

Some harsh realities here. Maybe he can "fix" Bryce or whatever, but he's also going to have his head spinning a miles an hour trying to figure out how to be a head coach. We'll see if he gets the right vet coaches on staff to mentor and guide him a little bit. Who knows what exact influence Caldwell had on the staff last year, from the recent Tepper/Campen leaks who knows if Caldwell was also a rat or if he was just sitting in the office eating donuts all day. 

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Some harsh realities here. Maybe he can "fix" Bryce or whatever, but he's also going to have his head spinning a miles an hour trying to figure out how to be a head coach. We'll see if he gets the right vet coaches on staff to mentor and guide him a little bit. Who knows what exact influence Caldwell had on the staff last year, from the recent Tepper/Campen leaks who knows if Caldwell was also a rat or if he was just sitting in the office eating donuts all day. 

You are brave/crazy to put “realities” and Undisputed together. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I personally will have way more patience for a first time HC than I ever would for a re-tread. I also don't anticipate we look particularly great this coming season. Talent just isn't on the roster, Fitterer left the cupboard bare.

This is at least a 3 year rebuild. Best we can hope for is we are the lions and every game we are fighting tooth and nail to win and the team never gives up like the lions never did for Campbell.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The staff Canales hires is going to make or break his tenure. That's true for all head coaches and especially first time head coaches, but it's even more true for Canales in a very rough Panthers organization that has had dissension, division, backstabbing, bad vibes, just overall a dumpster fire caused by a bad owner. Canales will need to surround himself with people he trusts and knows. He will need resilient personalities that tell him the truth. And he will need to be insulated from David Tepper's meddling. 

I don't love the fact they are keeping Evero without interviewing any candidates Canales might want to hire. He needs to be responsible for his whole staff, not just the offense. He is head coach of the entire team. I have this bad feeling that if Evero is retained, and the offense continues to struggle, it's just going to be a repeat of the 2023 season.

19 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The staff Canales hires is going to make or break his tenure. That's true for all head coaches and especially first time head coaches, but it's even more true for Canales in a very rough Panthers organization that has had dissension, division, backstabbing, bad vibes, just overall a dumpster fire caused by a bad owner. Canales will need to surround himself with people he trusts and knows. He will need resilient personalities that tell him the truth. And he will need to be insulated from David Tepper's meddling. 

I don't love the fact they are keeping Evero without interviewing any candidates Canales might want to hire. He needs to be responsible for his whole staff, not just the offense. He is head coach of the entire team. I have this bad feeling that if Evero is retained, and the offense continues to struggle, it's just going to be a repeat of the 2023 season.

You can make the argument either way. 

on one side, having EE means Canales staff isn’t full of “his” guys and it’s open to Tepper meddling.

on the other it 1) allows Canales to focus on the Offense and get that unit right which it desperately needs and 2) EE is one of the top DCs. You know you have a guy that’s going to be able to produce a good unit even when it’s riddled with injuries. 

I say it’s better having him than not. Especially if the defense has another good year he is likely gone next year getting a HC job. 

27 minutes ago, hepcat said:

How do we know Canales didn’t come in and say that dude held me to 30 points over 2 games, do whatever to keep him here as DC?