• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Chatter

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I may be surprised, but I don't think Evero gets a HC job this cycle.  The best thing I think for him and the Panthers is for him to come back and our D stays healthy and balls out.  Then Evero gets his HC shot!

It is apparent from last year his guys played hard for him and if we can just maintain some sort of health on the defensive side of the ball our D isn't too far from being good and if they buy into keep pounding they could be much better than good.

Hell, there are only two jobs left that I know of ('Hawks and Commanders). 

42 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I mean, I kinda think they are, if he wants out and they aren't letting him. Yes, he has a contract in place, but he joined a staff that no longer exists.

OTOH he has very good reason to stay if he doesn't get a HC job elsewhere. He's built a strong D and it'll likely get better, and there's no guarantees if he goes to another place he'll have the same success. He may WANT to stay, for all we know... afaik he hasn't spoken publicly.

He still could land an HC job, though. I hope he does... I like Evero quite a bit.

I’d agree.  But there is 0 indication they aren’t letting him leave if he actually wants to go anywhere . 

Canales wouldn’t want an unhappy defensive coordinator before the season even starts.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I’d agree.  But there is 0 indication they aren’t letting him leave if he actually wants to go anywhere . 

Canales wouldn’t want an unhappy defensive coordinator before the season even starts.

Can you trade a coordinator? Like let's just for example sake that Evero is upset that he was passed over twice for the HC spot and wants out could we get a 4th or a 5th from the Rams to reunite him with Mcvay?

Tracy Smith looks like a solid hire if it works out. All-around Seattle has been a top special teams unit while he’s been there. Going through all the stats: points scored, kick return average, net punt average, etc., the Seahawks are toward the top in damn near every category.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

I doubt we see EE go anywhere unless it’s to take the Seattle job. He is the 1st or 2nd highest DC in the league. 

I doubt 1) we let him out of his contract unless Canales wants someone else and 2) other teams are willing to match or give him a pay raise vs what he was getting here.

its in both parties interest to stay. We get a good DC, he gets to continue to get paid and build his resume for next off season. 

• Pie 1

Just now, 0kBoomer said:

I doubt we see EE go anywhere unless it’s to take the Seattle job. He is the 1st or 2nd highest DC in the league. 

I doubt 1) we let him out of his contract unless Canales wants someone else and 2) other teams are willing to match or give him a pay raise vs what he was getting here.

its in both parties interest to stay. We get a good DC, he gets to continue to get paid and build his resume for next off season. 

Paid*