• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter reports Panthers targeting Brandt Tillis

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

That was never going to happen. You can't possibly pay Mahomes what he's making and pay Tyreek Hill what he wanted and got from the Dolphins.

They did about the best they could with that whole situation.

I kindof agree, but Hill was/is one of the top 2 wideouts in the game, they knew this leading up to this trade and they still couldnt manipulate the cap as such.   I would bet dollars to donuts they now they wish they could have a redo.

Not saying tillis is bad at all, just pointing out a pretty big blind spot that the chiefs had

5 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

That was never going to happen. You can't possibly pay Mahomes what he's making and pay Tyreek Hill what he wanted and got from the Dolphins.

You can't if you don't plan for it. Watch the Bengals pull it off with Burrow and Chase.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't if you don't plan for it. Watch the Bengals pull it off with Burrow and Chase.

thats what I am saying, the cap can be manipulated (see the saints) if you plan accordingly.  They traded probably the best wr in the game because they painted themselves into a corner and had no choice.

That is huge.

Good job Morgan and Tepper.

Can someone explain what is attractive for Tilis in coming to the Panthers. His title and role is the same no? So it is a pay bump? Or....

Edited by Memphis

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I kindof agree, but Hill was/is one of the top 2 wideouts in the game, they knew this leading up to this trade and they still couldnt manipulate the cap as such.   I would bet dollars to donuts they now they wish they could have a redo.

Not saying tillis is bad at all, just pointing out a pretty big blind spot that the chiefs had

And yet they are playing today.

16 minutes ago, Memphis said:

That is huge.

Can someone explain what is attractive for Tilis in coming to the Panthers. His title and role is the same no? So it is a pay bump? Or....

It would be a promotion of sorts, and likely much more money/responsibility.

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Yep. On top of that, the Chiefs won it all that year, without Tyreek. 

• Pie 3

Moving on from Hill in theory allowed a more complete team and the Chiefs got their win. They do need to reload on offense but let's not act like the Hill trade sent the team into some kind of tail spin...

To me the bigger deal is a guy like Tilis is CHOOSING to come here, to move on from an excellent org. You know who doesn't do that? Some boot licker looking for his only shot in the league like some have painted Morgan and Canales.  This is the move all offseason that tells me something really is different, or at least being sold to people as different. This dude isn't joining the cast of the next season of Game of Thrones.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Yep. On top of that, the Chiefs won it all that year, without Tyreek. 

Yes, good for them to not be afraid to make a tough decision. They are looking at a long runway with Mahomes and are managing their roster and cap accordingly. I don’t see an issue here. 

• Pie 1

Based on what they did with Tyrek, it will be very interesting to see what happens with Burns. I would bet they won’t overpay him. It will be the first test of the new regime. If we’re building, I’d assume we will try to trade him for assets/draft picks, which is what I’d prefer as well. Sign Brown and Luvu, trade Burns.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, Memphis said:

That is huge.

I’m sure it’s a massive pay raise

56 minutes ago, Memphis said:

That is huge.

I fully expect Burns to be tagged and traded. Fitts couldn't do it. Not after he turned down that ludicrous offer from the Rams. We're not getting anything close to that. But now that that blunder won't be hanging over the new regime's heads they can afford to take significantly less.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I fully expect Burns to be tagged and traded. Fitts couldn't do it. Not after he turned down that ludicrous offer from the Rams. We're not getting anything close to that. But now that that blunder won't be hanging over the new regime's heads they can afford to take significantly less.

What are we saying is significantly less?  

Sweat went for a 2nd round pick, but he's older and less productive than Burns.  Frank Clark who was similar in age and production to Burns went to KC for a 1st and conditional 2nd (KC/SEA swapped 3rds).

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get or expect at least a 1st round pick.

• Pie 1