• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers trade Jaycee Horn?

hepcat

Absolutely not. Has his availability been disappointing? Sure. But when he plays he’s been great, one of the best in the league. He could never have another injury and be one of the greatest of all time and we would have let that go for a 5th or some nonsense. Thomas Davis was always injured for three years. CMC was traded for low value because of injuries and now the 49ers are in the Super Bowl with CMC in the MVP discussion. You don’t sell low. If we could get a first for Horn, sure. But we can’t. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Teams will offer low ball prices, so no. For a 1st round pick, I'm listening.

I'd deal him for a 2nd.  We are rebuilding franchise that can't pay him.  But outside of that, I'd just keep him and then let him walk pending he wouldn't sign some crazy incentive deal. 

• Beer 1

Not for less than a 1st rounder. I know he's been injured a lot but he's shown to be a top corner when healthy. I'd hate to see him pull a CMC, get traded and suddenly be healthy every game.

Now, a contract extension is a different story. He'll have to prove he can stay healthy for that. But to give him away for some mid-round pick? Nah.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The moment we traded him he will become a star and stay healthy.

is that a better outcome than paying him....and him remaining exactly what he has been here for his entire career? 

• Pie 1

Absolutely not. CMC is a perfect example of why you don’t trade him away. We already have an insane amount of impact players. You have two more years of cheaper money to pay him, so you let him play it out and see if he can change his bad luck with injuries. Thomas Davis is a good example of working with someone. He may not stay healthy, and you make that decision after year 5 but no way we should trade him for peanuts and make an already weak team worse. He impacts the game when he’s playing. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Absolutely not. CMC is a perfect example of why you don’t trade him away. We already have an insane amount of impact players. You have two more years of cheaper money to pay him, so you let him play it out and see if he can change his bad luck with injuries. Thomas Davis is a good example of working with someone. He may not stay healthy, and you make that decision after year 5 but no way we should trade him for peanuts and make an already weak team worse. He impacts the game when he’s playing. 

CMC isn't similar.  CMC would have been a resource to aid and help develop a MASSIVE investment in Bryce Young.   That's why trading him was wrong for so little in the end. 

Thomas Davis didn't start his career in Carolina injured every other game.  

• Pie 2

change the turf to grass and keep him.  He has not earned a fat, healthy second contract, so it is reasonable to expect to keep him for a fair price for the next 5 years or so.  I am very suspect of this playing surface (look at the injuries--4 guards (BC, McRay, Zavala, Corbett), Shaq, Horn, Anderson (remember him?  I don't), Ricci, Hurst, Wooten, Shenault--not sure how many were directly related to the turf, but it contributed to the IR issues.

Our defense played well with our starting Captain LB and #1 draft pick Horn out for most of the season. 

Our offense was missing (for a large part of the season) 2 starting guards and our former first round selection TE.  Lotta problems we had were based on the subpar performance in those 3 areas.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1