• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Targets

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont like Leggett at all personally.  Even more so now that he measured 2" shorter than listed, with average to short arms and small hands.  He has all the negatives mingo had in a smaller package.  No seperation on film, might run faster than he is on film but hes not fast on film which is where it matters.  A guy i was really against pre sr bowl was Ladd Mcconkey but he has looked really quick and crisp so far.  Maybe redundant with Thielen but hes much faster and quicker than Thielen is now and I just want guys that can get open.   Watch some of his 1v1s from today.   Wr will usually win 1v1 but still. 

I did not watch much of it today or read any comments.  Interesting--what you say will drop him down boards. There are a lot of 4.4 guys who stall to 4.8 when running routes.  I mentioned this in relation to DBs when I played in college, but one comment by the DB coach stayed with me, even though I was a TE,  He said you may run a 4.4, but if it takes you .2 of a second slower than a 4.6 guy to process and play and get there, then I am going with the smart guy (the 4.6 with brains and faster reaction).  I can say that i have never spent more focus watching WRs separation than this year. 

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I did not watch much of it today or read any comments.  Interesting--what you say will drop him down boards. There are a lot of 4.4 guys who stall to 4.8 when running routes.  I mentioned this in relation to DBs when I played in college, but one comment by the DB coach stayed with me, even though I was a TE,  He said you may run a 4.4, but if it takes you .2 of a second slower than a 4.6 guy to process and play and get there, then I am going with the smart guy (the 4.6 with brains and faster reaction).  I can say that i have never spent more focus watching WRs separation than this year. 

My biggest worry is he is an athletic specimen in college.  Moving up to the nfl i feel like he is going to have to be a totally different type of player because he wont be able to out muscle or size for those conrested catches in the NFL.  Honestly any receiver that makes a lot of contested catches in college worry me in the NFL.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Ladd Mcconkey (sp?) seem to be one of the best at creating separation, and he has good speed as well. I’m intrigued.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Ladd Mcconkey (sp?) seem to be one of the best at creating separation, and he has good speed as well. I’m intrigued.

I was skeptical about him, but the few seconds I saw of him, he stands out.  I just did a mock and chose him over the Xavier boys.  

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

LOTS of WR/OL talent in Mobile. My thoughts:

• WRs I like at varying spots in the draft:
    • McConkey, Roman Wilson, Corley, Rice, Thrash, & Cowing
  • WRs I don't want in process blue:
    • Legette, Walker, Johnny Wilson
  • I want Jackson Powers-Johnson at 33. He is a beast and might even go late 1st. He also took some reps at G and looked natural. 
  • Wish we had a need for RT because Guyton is going to be a stud. Not sure if he can play LT, but I'm tired of trying to fit OL where they don't belong. 
  • Love Darius Robinson, DL from Mizzou. He will be a luxury pick for us because he probably goes R2. Too many other needs, but he has shades of Maxx Crosby to him....just a violent, physical specimen.
  • Quinyon Mitchell probably punched his ticket to the first round yesterday and today. He is locked and loaded and would look phenomenal opposite Horn. Same as Robinson, just not going to fit our need/place he will be selected.

I think whether we pick a WR at 33 or 65, we will have a day 1 starter that will contribute. I also want us to throw multiple darts at WR the way Green Bay did. They used multiple picks in two years and now have a deep, talented, young receiving unit. 

Robinson is a fav of mine. Thinking effect Hardy or Crosby vibe. Few built like them.

We are fortunate to have a draft so deep at WR (and QB, if you are a dreamer), but we really need to choose the right second round WR time-has to be a home run.  While I am OK with Mingo and his development, I do not think he can claim the #2 WR crown.  We have problems if Theilen is the #1--he needs to be our Proehl. 

Depending on the system we employ, and he has already hinted that he wants to go play action under center, we need WRs who can separate and we need those who can get YAC.  Corley is my favorite for that reason, but not at 33.  There are some good route runners in this draft, but it seems they all have a concern--like they weigh 160 lbs and are listed at 6-2. 

On 1/30/2024 at 2:56 PM, jfra78 said:

If Leggett is there in the 2nd round, we should pounce imo

my favorite pick at #33. hope we can get him. his work/success with rattler and rattler's kind of throwing i think are exactly what we need with bryce. 

speaking of rattler, i wouldn't mind picking him up as well if he happens to fall to a later round. 

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He is a sleeper because he had that weird season--he could become a star, but I see him as a late second/early third guy right now.  His rating may change after this week.

Yeah his projections are all over the place. Daniel Jeremiah had him in the first round to the Chiefs in his initial mock though. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

As someone not very versed in college ball are there any good early 2nd round DE prospects? IMO another area of big need along WR, OL. 

A really bad DE draft, we got:

First round: Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA, Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

Late 1st, early 2nd round: Bralen Trice, DE, Washington

2nd Round: Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State, Chop Robinson, OLB/DE, Penn State

Late 2nd, Early 3rd: Jonah Eliss, DE, Utah

3rd Round: Mohamed Kamara, DE/OLB, Colorado State, Xavier Thomas, DE, Clemson

That's 8 in the top 100.

This draft is DEEP for CB, WR, QB, OT, and DT

Its decent at LB, C, and G.

It is extremely weak at DE, OLB, S, RB, TE.

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

As someone not very versed in college ball are there any good early 2nd round DE prospects? IMO another area of big need along WR, OL. 

In 3-4 probably looking at DTs unless talking about an edge that can play outside LB 

3 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Yeah his projections are all over the place. Daniel Jeremiah had him in the first round to the Chiefs in his initial mock though. 

He had a really good QB throwing to him and the ACC was not that good this year, so I am not sure about him.  I really like the way he handled himself during his ordeal--seems to be a class act.