• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper learning?

jamos14

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's crazy how people continue to have hope with this dude.

He has shown us 5 years who he is. We are literally just a month removed from him throwing a drink on a fan.

So because he says this he has changed?

throwing a drink at a fan was hopefully his low moment that made him realize he needs to back off.

i was who i was for over a decade and it wasn't good. i reached a low point and took another direction in life and now i'm not that same guy i was back then. 

i'm hoping that he understands that now. for the sake of the team, i hope he's learned more of what and who not to be as the owner and he's turning it over to someone else. 

• Pie 4

He promoted a GM that helped tank the team because he likes him, just like all of the other failures he has personally liked. Sure, believe what you want but it sure looks like he is just learning to make another kind of mess which is absolutely more of the same. Prove it or it's just more of the same.

So far? Nope. Show me a complete house cleaning on the next go round and we can talk actual change. This one is more of a face lift sadly. 

I get the pessimistic reaction in here, but this is dealing with people. I think the actions post-Reich have shown Tepper has reflected some. Now, it could be a play and he's not changed at all and he's still the meddling owner that is destroying the franchise, but I am willing to let my optimism win.

Tepper introduced the press conference, introduced the GM and HC and fuged off. Good. Hopefully it is a sign of change. But I'm cautious. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Acknowledging there is a problem is the first step to addressing it.  

AND he acknowledged it publicly to media members.   That's in stark contrast to his previous behaviors.

hopefully the press (and any leaky insiders) will help ensure/confirm that this stays true.

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

throwing a dink at a fan was hopefully his low moment that made him realize he needs to back off.

i was who i was for over a decade and it wasn't good. i reached a low point and took another direction in life and now i'm not that same guy i was back then. 

i'm hoping that he understands that now. for the sake of the team, i hope he's learned more of what and who not to be as the owner and he's turning it over to someone else. 

He has to show me. Rooting for the guy to change, but I'm not buying change until he actually shows it.