• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who’s your ‘Dawgs’ on this team?

TheBigKat

Morgan wants DAWGS on a feline team

Who’s your dawgs?

Luvu- certified dawg

Brown- alpha dog

Thielen- gritty dawg

Chuba is a dawg

Who’s not a dawg

burns is not a dawg

eke is not a dog

sanders is not a dawg

Horn is a female dawg

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 3

Temper + Talent off the top of my head

Offense: 

Thielen, Shenault, ISM, Chubba and Tremble. 

It's there but needs to be shown more: Hurst, Mingo and Blackshear. The entire oline except BC and Icky. Ickey might actually be on the fence at the moment(Think Derrick Brown in his second year). Maybe Sullivan. 

The defense has alot more names on it.

Defense: Horn, Brown, Thurman, Luvu, Troy Hill, Franklin, Shaq, Bell, Woods..

Absolute no would go to CJ and Ian, with Donte dipping back between the two categories per game. Robinson was one in college...Still waiting on this. 

Evero's side is not the problem. Our defense can remain in games, hold each other accountable and bully most of the teams we play as is. 

The offense is where we get bullied at weekly. More specifically in the trenches. 

Our Oline is big... can get nasty at times but I wouldn't be too far off saying a couple of our starters play soft. Or maybe smaller then their size is a better way to put it. 

The absolute no would be Zavala (at the moment) 

And Moton is actually a "Dawg"....just not in the same way as the others. He's the exception. He's tough, exceptionally smart, does his assignment, comes to play, very talented but just not fiery. I've become accustomed to watching lineman and lb's yell in his face mask as he stares then awarkdly turns away to walk back to the huddle. Whether this is discipline or altercation scared remains to be determined. As long as he does his job at a high level I'm fine with it. 

But generally, I'd think you wouldn't want more than 2 question marks on your oline. The scheme just made it look alot worse than it actually is imo.  

• Pie 1

Just now, bythenbrs said:

Luvu?

He's worth keeping IMO. Luve has earned an extension. But when Derrick speaks everyone listens. Everyone on the team knows who the man is in that locker room and it's not Bryan Burns. Brown is a must sign and the defense built around that man. He sets the example for how all of them should be playing with actions instead of words. Even Luvu will tell you that.

• Pie 5

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's worth keeping IMO. Luve has earned an extension. But when Derrick speaks everyone listens. Everyone on the team knows who the man is in that locker room and it's not Bryan Burns. Brown is a must sign and the defense built around that man. He sets the example for how all of them should be playing with actions instead of words. Even Luvu will tell you that.

Brown is clearly a ‘dawg’, ‘the dawg’ on that defense.  I didn’t know if you were suggesting that Luvu doesn’t rise to that category or were just focusing on Brown as heads and shoulders above everyone else.

1 dawg.  Derrick Brown.

I personally don’t equate being good to equaling dog status.  Example.  

89 - dawg

DJ - great football player 

I judge it via how I think the opposing eyes would view things.   Ain’t no defender in the NFL bothered with an Adam Theilen matchup 

• Pie 7