• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re: Ben Johnson

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One thing for sure: If he ever becomes a free agent, he'll have half the teams in the league lining up to pay him.

16 teams lining up to pay him? based on what lol, we don't even know if he's gotten a single offer.

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Some people are not meant to be head coaches. He just may be one of them. Whether Canales works out or not, I am glad the Panthers dodged a bullet with Johnson. 

Cant dodge a bullet when the person didnt want to come here in the first place.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm still about 70 to 80% certain that story was bullsh-t.

Once the reporter doubled down, I began to doubt that it was made-up. IIRC it was Josina Anderson. In any event, I'm glad that the  Panthers and Tepper pivoted away from Johnson.

• Pie 1

The "Ben Johnson wanted nothing to do with Washington and Carolina" Crowd is truly quite weird... 

A week before his playoff game he was giddy like a little school girl talking about Adam Peters.. maybe he just doesn't want a HC gig yet.. and that's fine.  Because honestly, Commanders were looking like a good landing spot in terms of draft capital and cap. The stuff HCs should honestly be concerned with.  I'm not sure what his motivations were in turning down a gig this cycle and I'm sure when/if he does get one he will do well. I'm focused on what we have here.

Seeing as how ole Tepp wanted him so bad its probably a good thing he didn't come here he would look just as bad as his other HC hires... 

Sounds like he not ready for the big chair just yet, when the time is right if ever he will get his shot ..

whenever the huddle offers their takes on HCs I always side with the opposite

remember how excited this board was for Rhule? And (albeit less more so) about Reich?

remember how this board hated the idea of McCarthy (who isn’t great but let’s compare him with what we ended up with)

oh and don’t forget absolutely hating the idea of Reid and his mismanagement of McNabb and how he will fail miserably (I got utterly thrashed here for supporting that idea)

yea…I remember lol

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know if that's a "dodged bullet" or not just yet.

Probably also worth noting that some of the quotes in this piece read like damage control on the Commanders part.

"See, he didn't turn us down. We turned HIM down! Yeah...that's right" 😕

Call it whatever we want. Maybe, “Thank God for unanswered prayers.” If some of the scuttlebutt is true, he is not good HEAD coach material. 

31 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Call it whatever we want. Maybe, “Thank God for unanswered prayers.” If some of the scuttlebutt is true, he is not good HEAD coach material. 

It's only a "dodged bullet" if Canales is successful.

That's a question that won't be answered for a while.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, t96 said:

16 teams lining up to pay him? based on what lol, we don't even know if he's gotten a single offer.

You think if Johnson became available for an OC job, teams wouldn't step on people to hire him?

Hell, every team in the league has changed OCs in the last few years.