• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: "I wanted to draft Brock Purdy"

Mr. Scot

46 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Also, who cares about Rhule anyway? 

You've just devoted about a dozen paragraphs and a buttload of words to defending him in this thread alone, not to mention what you said in the other one.

So apparently you do 😄

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've just devoted about a dozen paragraphs and a buttload of words to defending him in this thread alone, not to mention what you said in the other one.

So apparently you do 😄

Nope. I don’t. I only care that some people like the OP, oh I mean you can’t help but start anti-Rhule threads. Feel free to point out my I love Rhule threads. Dude, Rhule coached against Purdy. It’s OK that you didn’t know that.

It reminds me of Howard Stern’s movie/biography where Stern haters listened longer than Stern fans. I’m not a Rhule fan, just love getting your goat when you try to paint him as “the problem” when your guy Fitt was far worse. Adios!

38 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Nope. I don’t. I only care that some people like the OP, oh I mean you can’t help but start anti-Rhule threads. Feel free to point out my I love Rhule threads. Dude, Rhule coached against Purdy. It’s OK that you didn’t know that.

It reminds me of Howard Stern’s movie/biography where Stern haters listened longer than Stern fans. I’m not a Rhule fan, just love getting your goat when you try to paint him as “the problem” when your guy Fitt was far worse. Adios!

Dude, you couldn't "get my goat" if you were a professional goatherder 😄

What you've done in this response though is basically admit that I own you since you want so badly to oppose me on anything...even when that opposition is stupid.

Not like it wasn't obvious anyway, but hey... 😁

Unless someone was asking him point-blank on whether he ever considered drafting Purdy, why would he bring this up in the first place? And if the question was asked, the answer comes across as deflecting blame, taking a shot at us and/or inflating his ego. Take your pick.

Doesn't even matter much whether his statement has any validity because he doesn't really have the credibility to have the benefit of the doubt here.

1 hour ago, Billy Goat said:

Stealing a line from Gantt, Matt Rhule has made people stupid for some time. I mean, Rhule is dumb, which helps out. 

Rhule in simple terms said a QB who beat him and he played against several times should be in their board…and he was told no or ignored on it by the folks who put it all together in the end. Which isn’t outlandish at all.  That probable scenario likely happens all the time in the NFL.  The, this random kid I like is someone I think should be on our board and doesn’t make it.  Teams have all sorts of people arguing for guys that don’t end up making the board.  I mean, that’s how a board is formed.  

every coach, scout, GM has a list of players they could say they liked and if only the rest listened….

Matt Rhule is an easy target.  Because he is a floundering coach at this point.  And he had always been dumb with the mic.  I would assume he largely is speaking a truth,  which is why he says to check the receipt on that and offers it up.  That doesn’t mean he is as fighting for Purdy.  Just that he mentioned a kid he knew….and was ignored in a draft he clearly was in the backseat on at that point 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Stealing a line from Gantt, Matt Rhule has made people stupid for some time. I mean, Rhule is dumb, which helps out. 

Rhule in simple terms said a QB who beat him and he played against several times should be in their board…and he was told no or ignored on it by the folks who put it all together in the end. Which isn’t outlandish at all.  That probable scenario likely happens all the time in the NFL.  The, this random kid I like is someone I think should be on our board and doesn’t make it.  Teams have all sorts of people arguing for guys that don’t end up making the board.  I mean, that’s how a board is formed.  

every coach, scout, GM has a list of players they could say they liked and if only the rest listened….

Matt Rhule is an easy target.  Because he is a floundering coach at this point.  And he had always been dumb with the mic.  I would assume he largely is speaking a truth,  which is why he says to check the receipt on that and offers it up.  That doesn’t mean he is as fighting for Purdy.  Just that he mentioned a kid he knew….and was ignored in a draft he clearly was in the backseat on at that point 

We don't know whether he made the draft board or not.

We only know we took a former Rhule recruit instead 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yet the last pick they made in that draft was a kid from Baylor, continuing the trend of taking players who used to play for him. Guessing he didn’t get vetoed on that one. 

I can’t take anything this guy has said on his way out seriously when he tried to take credit for the wilks finish saying that he established the culture.