• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Craig Carton of FOX Sports: Bryce Young is not an NFL quarterback and never will be

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

5'2"... I mean is the guy an elementary student. You don't have to insult some one to male a point, especially when everyone understands the guy is shorter than 90% of QBs. Lame sauce this one.

90% is optimistic. What NFL QBs are shorter than Bryce? The last successful QB under 5’9” was 60 years ago. 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Still blows my mind that young was the consensus #1 pick and now one year later you got all these looky loons coming out with " Told youz guyz he sucks ass!"

I think about 70% of the huddle was "young is the better player" by draft day. It's still a nightmare for us cj stroud fan boys with young on the team.....

That's the problem: Bryce Young was not the consensus #1 pick. There were many who believed that C.J. Stroud was the best of the bunch. There were serious questions about Young's size (and everything that came with it) from more than a few. Young was not a virtual consensus like Williams this year, or Lawrence in the past. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jaxel said:

5'2"... I mean is the guy an elementary student. You don't have to insult some one to male a point, especially when everyone understands the guy is shorter than 90% of QBs. Lame sauce this one.

Maybe shorter 90% of all people. 99.9% of NFL quarterbacks. In the history of the NFL. I think there was a guy named Eddie LeBaron that admitted to being 5’7” - which is shorter than Young by maybe an inch, if the truth was admitted to.

And that was in the ‘50s when an offensive guard could be probably 225# and had to sell insurance in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Still blows my mind that young was the consensus #1 pick and now one year later you got all these looky loons coming out with " Told youz guyz he sucks ass!"

I think about 70% of the huddle was "young is the better player" by draft day. It's still a nightmare for us cj stroud fan boys with young on the team.....

Honestly I think the consensus was being happy with either and just hoping the FO did their diligence (and had the competence) to pick the right one…or one of because both could’ve worked out. I wanted Stroud but wasn’t mad at the pick at the time.

A lot of people thought Bryce would get injured as their main reason and well that’s been wrong.

However, what have noticed is the media now taking a complete 180. Now all of a sudden his size matters lol

Hitting on a franchise QB living up to number 1 overall is incredible difficult and so it is lazy to say he’ll bust and then want everyone to think you’re right and know what you’re talking about it’s dumb. Like I could said that the past 30 years no matter what and be like 90-95% right.

Young has hella work ahead of him. For me personally I don’t think his size matters as much as his mental strengths just not translating.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Panthero said:

I'd kick this guys balls into his throat if I saw him. It's one thing to diss a guy on a message board, but this clown gets paid to have a take any slobberhead on here could come up with. 

Dude slurs like he just polished off a bottle of Mad Dog.