• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 things I’d love to see

Martin

Here are two things I’d love to see:

1) Trade our 33rd pick for Brandon Aiyuk and sign him to a long term contract.

2) Trade Burns for a 1 and 3 in this year’s draft.

Might be a stretch, but not that far fetched. 49ers would be able to find a very good replacement WR at a much lower cost with that pick. And it would give us an established #1 WR who meets Dan’s dog criteria.

• Pie 3

Huge Aiyuk fan and would love the fit here but I can't imagine 33 is going to do it.  AJ Brown went for 18 and 101 at a similar age and production 2 years ago.

I'd look for a smaller move for a trade/sign like a Diontae Johnson

Edited by Untouchable
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Martin said:

Might be a stretch, but not that far fetched. 49ers would be able to find a very good replacement WR at a much lower cost with that pick. And it would give us an established #1 WR who meets Dan’s dog criteria.

Dream big I like it.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I think it's possible but to be fair, I think this offseason will be more about gathering a hoard of average "base" players to replace a ton of below average or awful ones.. maybe 1 or 2 splashy types. 

I sure hope you are right. I do not want here any current players are extend other the Derek Brown and Luvu. I will be sick to my stomach if the keep Burns because I know it will be wasted money. 

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I would love that too, but a bit of a pipe dream. 

I know fool me once, fool me twice, but man I cannot get over the lack of production and my hope that Marshall can still turn into something.. Im still living in that pre-draft hype. 

Marshall makes Marvin McNutt look like David Gettis.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Yeah Aiyuk is really not reasonably attainable for us unfortunately.  And the 1st and 3rd for Burns days are long gone as well....we'd be lucky to get a single 1st now....but maybe when the draft rolls around we can find a desperate sucker who will overpay.  More likely is that we sign some of the younger, midlevel guys at those positions and build through the draft - then we will have more money next to year to go bigger if the draft works for once.

Actually on the Burns side - I did see the Baltimore trade proposed by Bleacher Report which was 24 1st, 25 3rd and Ojabo....so maybe I am wrong on the 1st and 3rd being gone.  I would take that deal in a heartbeat....then draft 2 WR's at the end of the 1st round, and then see if we can steal Ja'tavion Sanders in the 3rd.  Spend the rest of the draft on OLine and DLine

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Martin said:

EDGE players Danielle Hunter and Josh Allen are both UFA that will not cost teams any draft pick compensation to acquire. Trading Burns will be difficult, another team will have to pay him and give up picks. Tagging him would eat up $21 million of the teams current $30 million cap space. Letting him walk is the smartest play here.  

• Pie 3