• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we pursue a LT in free agency

Panthero

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Bryce Young will be one of the best to do it. 

Wait a second, what.......?

Bryce seems like a really nice guy and I hope he does turn it all around but after what I saw last season, I am questioning whether he could even be backup in the NFL. I sure hope you are correct on this and maybe I'm just being too negative here because I sure do want to have hope but it's so hard after what I saw last season. It almost appeared that he just didn't have the confidence, the mentality or the leadership skills to be a QB and face of the franchise in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

It almost appeared that he just didn't have the confidence, the mentality or the leadership skills to be a QB and face of the franchise in the NFL. 

The physical ability. That's what he lacked. He's the smallest QB in the NFL with one of the weakest arms and some of the worst footwork. The only one of those things he can significantly improve upon is his footwork. It's gonna be a real uphill battle for him to become a legit NFL starter. One of the best to ever do it? Just completely laughable. If he gets to Jared Goff level it would be a HUGE win.

I might get shelled for this, but Ekwonu was not developed and he has the skill set.  Brady C has the athletic ability.  If ever there was a time to say,  "The answer might be on the roster," it could be now.

Unknown commodities do not necessary mean an upgrade.  I say get a damn coach in here instead of that mole that used to make out with footballs.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 5

8 hours ago, Shocker said:

Why isn’t anyone talking about Derrick Henry?  Damn that dude would immediately improve this offense and I’d give him a 4-5 yr deal.  Lotta gas in that tank.

That is maybe one of the most insane things I have seen here recently. Henry is a large, physical RB. Those are exacrly the type of dudes that classically fall off a cliff suddenly. He's 30 and you want to give him a 4 or 5 year deal??? What the actual fug?

Also, have you actually looked at this RB free agent class? Very possibly one of the best of all time. You can get a very solid RB and far younger for far cheaper.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Icky hit the inevitable sophomore slump this past season. I think, with new and good coaching, he will excel at the position. If BC can come back and work beside him, we should see some improvement from that as well. Corbett coming back should shore up the other side of the line and I think we are fine at center and RT.

Good coaching and better play design will help a lot.

And I think we're deeper now than we were before along the line. 

We need receivers more than anything. And someone to design plays that doesn't send three receivers to the same spot on the field. Or guys who can stretch the defense. Or stand up to being jammed at the line. Or who will fight for a ball. 

Adam Theilin needs to be an asset to the offense, not the whole darned thing.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Henry is 30 and has over 2k carries in his career. Let that man go to a contender for his last couple seasons, we dont need him here to lead us to 5 wins. 

I’d take a shot on Saquan if we could get him cheap enough.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That is maybe one of the most insane things I have seen here recently. Henry is a large, physical RB. Those are exacrly the type of dudes that classically fall off a cliff suddenly. He's 30 and you want to give him a 4 or 5 year deal??? What the actual fug?

Also, have you actually looked at this RB free agent class? Very possibly one of the best of all time. You can get a very solid RB and far younger for far cheaper.

Yup, and here sits Carolina with $24MM tied up in Miles Sanders.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I might get shelled for this, but Ekwonu was not developed and he has the skill set.  Brady C has the athletic ability.  If ever there was a time to say,  "The answer might be on the roster," it could be now.

Unknown commodities do not necessary mean an upgrade.  I say get a damn coach in here instead of that mole that used to make out with footballs.

Unless you are going to grab a sure fire good LT, I think you're right.  Worse case we move Chistensen to LT and Icky to LG.  

OTAs will be interesting to see what Canales does with our offensive line.  

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Yup, and here sits Carolina with $24MM tied up in Miles Sanders.

The hindsight of that deal is unreal. The funny thing is we threaded the needle on an insane haul for CMC(won't see a RB trade like that in the next decade, I'll wager) then not only do we immediately squander the resources......we sign arguably the worst RB contract in the last 3-4 seasons.

It's a microcosm of the Panthers under Tepper, for sure. The mistakes of the past repeated with new mistakes added in.

• Pie 1