• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope Morgan is the Answer...

Johnstonny

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Personally, I did not like the hire one bit.  Prove me wrong, Danno.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

I was highly skeptical. Still am.

Ditto. I didn’t like the hire because he’s been Fitterer’s right hand man through some horrible decisions. I was hoping for someone who’s been involved in several solid drafts.

Hopefully, he proves us wrong but there was literally nothing you can look at in his assistant GM role here that gives you hope.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Panther49er said:

Eh I don’t know a damn thing about hiring for these positions tbh, and I’d say 99% of us here don’t either, so I just hope it works out.

This.
I Have no clue. Just hope everything gels and the voice of reason in the room isn’t based on who has the biggest bank account. If it is the case he is destined to fail. 

if that isn’t the case then he has a chance to succeed. 

9 hours ago, Panther49er said:

Eh I don’t know a damn thing about hiring for these positions tbh, and I’d say 99% of us here don’t either, so I just hope it works out.

The job doesn’t seem difficult to me. The problem is these roles require a large amount of boot licking and good ol boy networking to get. If you didn’t play football or weren’t football adjacent you will not be considered. They only allow guys like that to work with the monies. 

8 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Ditto. I didn’t like the hire because he’s been Fitterer’s right hand man through some horrible decisions. I was hoping for someone who’s been involved in several solid drafts.

Hopefully, he proves us wrong but there was literally nothing you can look at in his assistant GM role here that gives you hope.

While none of us know,  I think Morgan got the job because he was the dissenting voice in some or most of the bad personnel decisions and time has proven him correct 

17 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

Hes talking a great game...but I hope hes building a culture.

I watched 2 clips of him from yesterday. one was 12 seconds long & the other 11 seconds and he said uhh or umm 4 times in each of them.  dude is spitting 16+ uhhs / umms a minute.

1 hour ago, ClawOn said:

While none of us know,  I think Morgan got the job because he was the dissenting voice in some or most of the bad personnel decisions and time has proven him correct 

I think "hope" is a more accurate way to state this.  We have no basis to think he was a dissenting voice, but we can hope that he was.  That pretty much sums up Dan Morgan for better or worse: Hope.

• Pie 1

If nothing else, he's seen up close and personal what bad decisions look like.  I'm rooting for Dan, Dave and the Panthers.  I want to see our team get better and be fun to watch again.

I've enjoyed the hopeim that the NFL has spun for us.  Good lord these guys make me hopeful.  But I'm also careful not to get too wrapped up in that.  Burned too often.  

Hopefully, things work out.  I want a fun Panthers team again.