• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worthy is fastest ever

Hey, hold on guys.  Remember, there are never players available at our pick.  They'll all be long gone.  As it always is, the draft ends before we pick.  Remember past year

Sorry, love the huddle logic lol.

As far as speed merchants go, at least Worthy has the ability to run routes too.  He's not just a vertical route guy.  He can operate in space.

• Pie 1

Just now, d-dave said:

Hey, hold on guys.  Remember, there are never players available at our pick.  They'll all be long gone.  As it always is, the draft ends before we pick.  Remember past year

As far as speed merchants go, at least Worthy has the ability to run routes too.  He's not just a vertical route guy.  He can operate in space.

Agree that Worthy looks like a football player and not just an underwear Olympics warrior. Good hands, good route running, great ability to track the ball - even in traffic, and obviously elite speed.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

Question is, can Young (with his arm), get him the ball accurately and forty yards down field.

Haven't seen it yet on any consistent basis.

He can. Even if he couldn't, it doesn't matter. The team needs playmakers at WR, whether Young is the QB in the future or not.

I get the snark but our needs aren't changing no matter if Prime Cam was back there.

I like his teammate Mitchell more.  Ran the 4.3. The owners of the fastest combine WR runs also don’t have a great track record so you can only put so much in it.  Mitchell has the speed and NFL body

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

Yep the top 100 players will be gone by pick 33.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

They won’t be I wish they would go back to back WR in the 2nd and 3rd.  There are too many good ones in this draft.   

Sounds like we are signing a FA OG, so maybe we double dip at WR if the value is right. I wouldn’t be against a cheap FA like Curtis as well to throw into the mix. We need a complete WR makeover.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'll just say this....if he's the pick at 33 I won't be upset.

I won't necessarily be upset, but I will likely feel that we can do better. He has real limitations in terms of physicality. Contested catches? Blocking? Route running? None of those are checks.

For me, it will probably come down to who is on the board, and I'm just talking receivers; I haven't even gotten to the other positions yet.

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep the top 100 players will be gone by pick 33.

Nope, not just the top 100.  Teams will be doubling and tripling down on picks to draft all 6,000 players before our pick!!!

I hope you know I'm kidding.  Huddle Logic is always "the last good player was picked before our pick."  Happens every draft.  I'm just being silly 😃

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I won't necessarily be upset, but I will likely feel that we can do better. He has real limitations in terms of physicality. Contested catches? Blocking? Route running? None of those are checks.

For me, it will probably come down to who is on the board, and I'm just talking receivers; I haven't even gotten to the other positions yet.

There's about 5-7 WRs I am totally cool taking about that point after the top 5 WRs are taken off the board.

I'm hoping that we can trade back and pick one of them up.

But there's also about 10-15 that if we got 2-3 of them I would be giddy with. I would like us to do nothing but play makers this year. 2-3 WRs, a TE, and a big workhorse RB. Gimme these guys.

I feel like we're always going to feel like we can do better than the guys we pick. There's always going to be arguments for and against them and someone guaranteed to bitch about the picks (these experts we have in here).

For me it's not really could we have picked someone better, it's "did we make the team better than it was?"

Imo, we're going to have to work hard to screw this up (making the team better). The unfortunate thing is we've got plenty of practice fugging things up. I just hope we've learned something.