• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

47 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

At least we didn't do this. 

They are going all in. They have about 2 seasons to make it out of the nfcs before Blank blows it up. That old geezer wants a SB win before he croaks.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Didn't seem to bother DJ Moore who had career highs last season.

DJ has a ton of experience masking bad QB play from his time with the Panthers.  He's always among the league leaders in YAC; last year was no exception.  I don't think it's fair to hold Mooney to the same standards, which is reflected in his contract compared to DJ's.

27 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I'm wondering if this had something to do with the urgency to get something for Brian Burns:

If they end up releasing Bosa (that saves them $47 mil over 2 years, wow), that could be interesting. 

He's getting up there in age and coming off injuries, but could hit a second life at 28 for 4-5 more years...just needs to move past the injuries.  Not my top pick, but it'll be interesting to see what happens in LA today.

42 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I'm wondering if this had something to do with the urgency to get something for Brian Burns:

Those top 5--all QBs who are either past their primes or underperforming--makes me so Happy that we did not land Watson. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Those top 5--all QBs who are either past their primes or underperforming--makes me so Happy that we did not land Watson. 

I would say Matt Stafford has very much played to his contract - dude is awesome, though definitely on the tail end of his career.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Evil Hurney said:

It's gonna be Mike Williams. He's a good WR2 when he's not banged up, but he's also coming off major injury and you can't pay that kind of cash to a guy that hasn't been able to take full speed contact yet. Add in Allen is Herbert's favorite target by a mile and it should make that choice even easier. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Watson 64m cap hit.  
charlton heston laughing GIF

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's gonna be Mike Williams. He's a good WR2 when he's not banged up, but he's also coming off major injury and you can't pay that kind of cash to a guy that hasn't been able to take full speed contact yet. Add in Allen is Herbert's favorite target by a mile and it should make that choice even easier. 

You nailed it.

• Pie 1