• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

21 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

At this point I don't doubt it. However, I don't think this is how a team should be re-built. The process works if you can maintain a mix of veterans with talent and draft well. Moving on from every player that has an ounce of talent for draft picks and overpaid free agents isn't going to do anything but put the team in a further hole. Except this time the new front office will has nothing but sunk-cost to work with. A dangerous thing that we've seen happen with other teams.

These are ‘25 cap moves.  This year will be ugly but it will put us in a good position, via the draft and free agency, in 2025.  

Just now, Krovvy said:

Rebuilding by letting talent walk every off-season just turns you into the old Jaguars.

First in cap, top five picks out the wazoo, and a perineal losing team.

assumes we continue to do this next year. i'm not convinced we do. 

Just now, Panthero said:

assumes we continue to do this next year. i'm not convinced we do. 

Well, I mean, how do we win more games next season? Sure, maybe if somehow they draft amazingly and the offense somehow suddenly produces 28 or more points a game it would be possible. However, I don't think it's going to happen. The same scouts are in the building with the same basic team building management.

Next off-season I think the hot topic will be trading Brown or more probably talk about a record setting contract was given to him because the Panthers don't have anyone else on the roster that's a priority.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, why not? The defense was good last year. Let's make sure that changes.

We weren’t really that good. We were 29th in scoring and we barely ever had a lead so teams didn’t need to go garbage time against us. Good news is that we can only drop 3 spots in scoring defense.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Yeah... I'm not losing sleep over this one. He finally showed some promise last year but that's too much for the definition of a JAG.

I think some of the reaction is misplaced acrimony for the Burns trade. If we had signed YGM for 9 a year some folks on here would be out on mint street with pitch forks. 

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, why not? The defense was good last year. Let's make sure that changes.

Tim Donnelly told us this might happen. We're shifting resources to the offense and are going to try to win some shootouts. We'll invest in defense heavily in 2025.