• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Panthers sign former Seahawks OG Damien Lewis

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Really need it to work out with Bryce. I have my doubts, but if he could show us something next season, then we can finally start to really load this team up the right way. Otherwise, atleast the new QB will have a solid line. 

We can still load the team up the right way whether Bryce works out or not. One doesn't prevent the other. All qbs still need a good OL and weapons. The offense is not getting fixed in one offseason. Hopefully it will have more talent in critical places but not all will be next season.  The high dollar skill positions will have to be drafted in the next few drafts. The defense will suffer for awhile and will have to get by on whatever they can manage to snatch up on the cheap or lucky enough to grab in the draft.

• Pie 4

49 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

I fully expect us to now go C at 33 and WR at 39….its like we’re actually trying to let our young quarterback succeed…crazy concept for most…

I haven't looked at the Center projections for this year, but unless one falls to 33 that you just can't pass up, under no circumstances can that be the order we make those picks.

SOMEONE will fall out of the First round unexpectedly

Unless there is someone there that we badly want, with the 2nd round the next day, there is plenty of time to shop the pick for someone who badly wants a player who fell out of the 1st.  If it's a team not too far behind us, we can pick up an extra mid round pick, if it's a team at the back end of the round, we might be able to get a 2025 1st out of the deal.

If we stay put at 33 and take a Center that didn't unexpectedly fall out of the 1st, it will be a failure of epic proportions

46 minutes ago, Basbear said:

So in order to try and savage Byce Young they are dropping 150+ million(90 guaranteed) on OGs??

Trading and selecting Byce Young was a real curse. 

So you think the oline last year was ok for any QB other than Bryce Young? Only Lamar Jackson and Prime Cam Newton could have made anything out of that line. And for the "Dalton made them look good" group, you forget how many hits he took in that game. Old Andy wouldn't have lasted a full season behind that oline with receivers that needed time to get open in that scheme. Andy was not back there lighting it up in the pocket. Most of his plays were after escaping the pocket, or lack thereof. He needed all 13 years of experience to survive that game. 

This isn't about Bryce. This is about building a team and offense from the inside out. The right way to do it. 

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

They'd have to consistently be over 6'8 to always have a clear line of sight over the OL. It's just the most ridiculous of critiques.

Not really. Most NFL QBs are looking around helmets. Bryce is looking around shoulders. That's quite the difference in view that's blocked. How much it affects him is hard to be certain, but it's not ridiculous to think that a 6'3" QB can see more of the field than a 5'9" QB. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

51 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

How good is he?? 

Just taking notes here. Lewis would be 27 at the start of next season, Hunt would be 28. 

This tells me that Canales and Morgan watched the tape and immediately thought the Oline was problem #1 that had to be solved 

Pretty obvious it was needed, they are sort of typically doing overkill but I can’t complain about it. If you control the LOS you control the game. 

The drawbacks will come to me later, or are already on the roster. But a great OL..  please, pardon the mess. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Not really. Most NFL QBs are looking around helmets. Bryce is looking around shoulders. That's quite the difference in view that's blocked. How much it affects him is hard to be certain, but it's not ridiculous to think that a 6'3" QB can see more of the field than a 5'9" QB. 

It's all tiny windows. Not that much of an advantage. You'd have to get used to it and adapt no matter who you are.

12 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Dream scenario. As much as I like Ladd, I wouldn't be able to pass VP up if he's there at 33. 

SVP projects to go way after 33. No need to reach when we still need to be getting skill players. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1