• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Panthers sign former Seahawks OG Damien Lewis

30 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Breaking the bank on mediocre 3rd round guards. This year’s Hurst and Sanders. Get a stud or get no one 

Wondering if this guy ^^^^ realizes that 80% of Pro Bowl guards are drafted in the second rounds.... and they are far from scrubs allowed a combined 4 sacks last season..... we had guys giving up more than that in a SINGLE GAME worth every penny.

• Beer 3

We are doing what we should have done last year, and been drafting a QB this year.. But that's done and gone. We are moving in the right direction. I wonder if we could trade both 2nds to get into the back half of the 1st rd. Would it even be worth it?

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I guess we will need elite level guards to help our midget QB see down field... Still, $150 million to 2 guards is wild

Jahri Evans

Max Unger

Carl Nicks

That's what propelled Drew Brees and the Saints to success.    Nicks, Unger, and Evans were all among the highest paid at their position.

• Flames 2

8 minutes ago, scratched said:

We are doing what we should have done last year, and been drafting a QB this year.. But that's done and gone. We are moving in the right direction. I wonder if we could trade both 2nds to get into the back half of the 1st rd. Would it even be worth it?

No. We have too many needs and we need more picks in the draft. If we are lucky we will get 1 starter and a couple of backups out of this draft. Anymore than that is gravy on top. We need more darts to throw.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I see what they’re doing by transplanting resources from defense to offense, but this doesn’t really feel like the “we’ve got a rookie QB contract” move ala Jalen Ramsey to rams or tyreek hill to dolphins type.

they’re just trying to get to a baseline, interior line is a position you can get great players at early 2nd, and now they’re going to have to take swings at lower % positions in those rounds

they were going to have to take chances because they’ve shipped away so many great players for such little in return, but this isn’t a calculated one. Feels more like they’re trying to make a statement about COMMITTING TO OFFENSE or whatever.

Edited by Growl
  • Beer 1

It's all in on Bryce 2.0, now with a lot less on thr other side. This is going to be so funny. And then getting a top 3 pick in a draft without a stud QB will be the cherry on top.

People here still comparing Young to Brees lol. This place is fun lol

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I feel this is just a way to really see what we have with Bryce this year.  If you give him at least an average line then we'll know more.  If the line holds up and Bryce doesn't deliver then we most likely have a top pick for the next QB and a line waiting on them.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

In and around 2010, the Saints were a very good team.  They had a QB named "Brees" and he was considered rather short--  They build a stud OL in front of him, no players more costly and studly than Evans and Nicks--the Guards. 

I read an article about them, and Sean. Payton said, (paraphrasing)--Drew Brees is only effective if you keep the pressure to the outside--not up the middle.  If outside, he learned to step up a little and deliver the ball.  Brees did not have a rocket arm, but he had WRs like Colston, Dev. henderson, and Lance Moore to go with TEs Jimmy Graham and Shockey. 

I have a feeling this is the blueprint. 

You have more than a feeling. 

Oh well. We’ve all seen them play. I’m not seeing Brees’ arm at all. I remember him having a good arm until he got towards the end. Maybe not. 

Funny that I just read a Purdy comparison to Brees article. Let’s comp Young and Purdy. 

It is more trouble that I am going to, finding good info to reinforce my memory on Brees .. because of the overwhelming number of references to he can’t use his right arm any more etc, articles about his dwindling arm strength. I may look for some 20 year old video because that is what they are trying to do. 

I think I need to imagine Drew Brees in the Alabama offense. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Basically a 2-year deal at $13.5m per with zero dead cap hit if we want to get out after that. Good business, solid signing.

It's a really good deal.  And keeps us flexible long term.