• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... do we win a game next year?

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

as of 3/12/24 what do you put our o/v at?  After yesterday mine went from 5 to 4.

Lol I don't know. That's the point. Bad poo can happen. But also good poo can happen.

(Sorry for the rant that's coming which is more than you asked for and not aimed at you. Coffee just kicked in).

We are in March. These are the first days of the off-season and we're all freaking out acting like the regular season starts fuggin Sunday.

Last year we had a really bad coaching staff. But at this point last year who knew it would be that bad? Nobody.

We have a new HC. Is it possible that it will be just as bad as last year? Yep. But is it possible it will be better in than last year? Also yep.

Do we know which it will be? Nope. No one does. No one.

I've reached a point where I'm done trying to predict what is going to happen and just put my energy into what I hope will happen and maybe allow myself to be a little naive. Why? Because I'm tired of feeling like crap about this team.

Canales is a guy who I think can turn poo around here. I'm a fan Morgan fan and I feel like he can right some wrongs made by his old friend. Making those corrections can hurt but if we get better in the long run it will be ok.

So how many wins do I think we'll have looking from this point? I don't know and no one does? How many are we capable of? I don't know and no one does.

Why? Because lots of poo can happen in the 6 months before the season starts and then lots of things can happen in the 4 months the season is going on.

We act like we're experts in here but we're all idiots. Ok...maybe that's just me. I'm an idiot. I'm just old and honest enough to know that.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

True.  Just sooo many holes. 

Need

2 edge rushers

1 dt

1 ILB

SEVERAL CBS

SAFTEY

Let us revisit this post draft. 🤣🤣🤣

I think you need to double those numbers.  You forgot rotational guys and backups. We need not only starters but backups as well. It's always been that way and hasn't changed one bit.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

How many games did we lead in last year?  Zero.  What was the next worse team?  No really, I can't find it.

We were historically bad in many ways.  How often does that happen multiple seasons in a row?  We're all hoping we don't have a repeat.

We're going to have a weak defense.  They will be well coached, but there will be a real lack of talent out there.  We're going to rely on our offensive line, Bryce Young, and the coaching staff to get us to some wins.  If we double our wins, that's still a poo season.  If we triple our wins, it's not a good season at all.  

Either of those scenarios are a sign of real improvement, even though both are pretty poo seasons.  I think we're in that 4 to 6 win area.  I think we'll be competitive, but teams will drive on us at the end because we're going to have a bunch of practice squad guys playing.  When we can get Bryce a chance to come back for the win, he will be pretty good there (he was 2/2 last year).

Thinking we go for a goose egg is very unrealistic.  Though more realistic than us winning the Super Bowl against the Chiefs (good AI laughs there). 

• Beer 1

Things are just getting started. They weren't going to win shitt with the roster they had. Building up some capital with the moves they made already. The draft and about 40 million for FA after the trades/restructured contracts and cuts, will help alot.

Cool your jets and let it play out.

Edited by Jmac

Maybe with the upgrade OL, we'll be able to score more than 1 TD in a game.  That said, the defense is going to give up at least 1,000 points a game, so yeah, there's that.  Is it possible to rank a defense worse than 32?

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

How many games did we lead in last year?  Zero.  What was the next worse team?  No really, I can't find it.

We were historically bad in many ways.  How often does that happen multiple seasons in a row?  We're all hoping we don't have a repeat.

We're going to have a weak defense.  They will be well coached, but there will be a real lack of talent out there.  We're going to rely on our offensive line, Bryce Young, and the coaching staff to get us to some wins.  If we double our wins, that's still a poo season.  If we triple our wins, it's not a good season at all.  

Either of those scenarios are a sign of real improvement, even though both are pretty poo seasons.  I think we're in that 4 to 6 win area.  I think we'll be competitive, but teams will drive on us at the end because we're going to have a bunch of practice squad guys playing.  When we can get Bryce a chance to come back for the win, he will be pretty good there (he was 2/2 last year).

Thinking we go for a goose egg is very unrealistic.  Though more realistic than us winning the Super Bowl against the Chiefs (good AI laughs there). 

Umm.... what???

Pretty sure he was like 2 out of 7 (at best) in games where we had the ball down 1 score in the last few minutes of a game. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Umm.... what???

Pretty sure he was like 2 out of 7 (at best) in games where we had the ball down 1 score in the last few minutes of a game. 

How dare you interrupt my rose colored glasses!!!  Pass the crow, lol.

I'm a dumb dumb, thanks for pointing me out 😃