• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... do we win a game next year?

8 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The best defense is an offense that can milk the clock. Reduce opponent possessions and be efficient with your drives on offense. 

it’s old school but it’s so crazy it just might work. Personally, I love it. It’s what I called for all last season. 

I mean, that's just the blueprint for a team with no QB that can't actually do anything.  Survival and trying to not get embarrassed.  Steal a game here or there.  Brag about being competitive. 

That's generally not the what a franchise should be thinking in year 2 after giving up the farm for the #1 overall pick QB.   Just cut the QB or sign someone else. 

Canales isn't a run guy.  All those saying he wants to be run first (including himself).....are just politely saying they go zero faith in Bryce Young to be anything. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3-6 depending how well this team develops together down the stretch. 

I will add... that while I don't think we win many games, I still expect to see some level of competitiveness week to week. If we finish 5-12 but lose 6 of those by 7 points or less, I see that as significant positive growth this season. 

Edited by ProcessBlue2
2nd Part

On 3/12/2024 at 4:00 AM, tukafan21 said:

We have by far the worst roster in the NFL, outside of Brown, we don't have any difference makers on the entire roster at the moment, maybe Horn if he can stay healthy.  

Which means we'll be easily the worst predicted record by every expert

Which in turn means we'll of course finish with like 5 or 6 wins and end up around pick 7 or so, because that's just what happens every year lately with the "worst team in the NFL" predictions.

and we will miss out on a generation edge prospect by like two picks 🙂

In all seriousness even with a great draft I see us going:

1-5 in the division. We steal one game against the Saints. We lose two to the Falcons, nearly beat the Bucs once. 

Lose at home to Giants, cowboys, chiefs, cardinals and bengals; we beat the chargers 

On the road we beat denver, and lose the rest

3-14

• Beer 1

I like the moves thus far. Nothing exceptional but worth noting Oline is better, front 7 should be better with one more move. Those alone will better our WR and Secondary. We need that final front 7 piece and a good draft to be thinking better than last year. Anything above +5 wins is on Young, flipside anything -5 wins is on Young.

16 minutes ago, MtnProwler said:

I like the moves thus far. Nothing exceptional but worth noting Oline is better, front 7 should be better with one more move. Those alone will better our WR and Secondary. We need that final front 7 piece and a good draft to be thinking better than last year. Anything above +5 wins is on Young, flipside anything -5 wins is on Young.

We lost Burns and Luvu and you think our front 7 will be better with one more move? lol. You must have been working too much to realize the roster changes!

• Pie 2

22 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

We lost Burns and Luvu and you think our front 7 will be better with one more move? lol. You must have been working too much to realize the roster changes!

Jewell replaces Luvu. Luvu pass rushes better but Jewell is better in coverage which is what Evero uses the position for the most. One could argue that’s a wash. 
Robinson at DT is a definite upgrade and lets Tuttle play a rotational role or slide to DE as he was an undersized DT. 
As of right now Wonnum is the Burns replacement. Obviously Burns is better which is why we still need Clowney and or a high draft pick for edge rushers. 
Shaq coming back is an immediate upgrade because he had guys off the streets playing LB.

So IMO Shaq and Jewell are better than Luvu plus Hill or whatever FA he had playing that week. Robinson upgrades the DL at possibly 2 positions (letting Tuttle slide to DE as well). We have a drop off losing Burns but Wonnum is a decent starter. It really just depends on how high you view Burns.

The biggest thing is seeing how all of these new pieces play together. That will tell the story, but I could see someone on thinking we could be better in the front 7 with one more move on paper at least.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2