• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Combs shots fired

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's a non homer take nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. Some people want to look at it glass half full others are in show me then we'll talk mode. I get it completely. But we all want the same thing.

I'm in the show me then we'll talk boat. Ever since Tepper bought the team it's been one big hype train after another that have all failed miserably. Want me to get excited about the Panthers again? Win. I prefer my Panthers excitement in Jan/Feb, not April to September. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Tbe said:

Head scratcher. 

Honestly, I don't know much about Luke Combs besides what I've seen of him on College Game Day, etc (never heard his music). Seems like a nice enough guy to me from what I've seen.  I saw this same video earlier on Twitter but had to just go back and watch the one posted in this thread just to make sure it was the same video clip I saw because I didn't understand everyone being so offended at his statement. I also am not too excited or impressed with Canales. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm in the show me then we'll talk boat. Ever since Tepper bought the team it's been one big hype train after another that have all failed miserably. Want me to get excited about the Panthers again? Win. I prefer my Panthers excitement in Jan/Feb, not April to September. 

Exactly. I'm absolutely done with getting my hopes up at all about this team. Done. I don't give a flying fuccck about anything they say anymore. 

1 minute ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Honestly, I don't know much about Luke Combs besides what I've seen of him on College Game Day, etc (never heard his music). Seems like a nice enough guy to me from what I've seen.  I saw this same video earlier on Twitter but had to just go back and watch the one posted in this thread just to make sure it was the same video clip I saw because I didn't understand everyone being so offended at his statement. I also am not too excited or impressed with Canales. 

We’re the only team that interviewed him. 

He stuck around Pete Carrol for 7 years with only one small promotion I think.

He might be good, but it seems like he was Dan’s guy and no one else would take the job.

He got a SIX year contract too. WHY? Well…same reason we have to overpay FAs.

Im not impressed and not being excited for this guy is frankly more reasonable than being excited.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I don't get it either. He's saying what damn near every fan on this message board has said repeatedly. Tepper is a hedge fund guru, not a football guy. The Panthers GM and HC jobs were not going to attract the premium candidates. Morgan and Canales weren't the first choice for any of us. This is about as vanilla an interview about the choices of the Panthers this offseason as I've seen. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

So people are upset with Luke Combs for saying he's not impressed or too excited about Canales being hired for the HC job? 

The natives are restless. There's always something to rag about. It's nothing new. Today it's this guy. Stick around because there will be something else to replace him shortly. 

If you want to have some fun say something about Bryce. Doesn’t mater if it's positive or negative.  Although it's more fun if you say something positive. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I feel like if hes on the huddle then its clearly you based on all your comments on this post lol

Who knows….

No, this board is just a bunch of old grumpy guys and I’m in an anti grumpy man mood.