• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wonnum to Panthers

Key here is creating a good enough rotation until we can find the flagship talent at EDGE.

The draft isn’t that great for it but there’s some interesting guys. Last year though..ugh Tuli would’ve been a monster in Evero’s defense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Absolutely no one should think this guy is meant to effectively compare to Burns, and if someone does then they're insane. He is meant to provide a portion of that production at a fraction of the cost in combination with a couple more players, and the odds are that most of the end/edge group this year are short-term trials (thus the 2-year contract). That's how it was always planned to play out, and if one of them suddenly develops into something more then that's icing on the cake. 

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Key here is creating a good enough rotation until we can find the flagship talent at EDGE.

The draft isn’t that great for it but there’s some interesting guys. Last year though..ugh Tuli would’ve been a monster in Evero’s defense.

Yeah pretty sure Evero has said in the past that he'll send 5/6/7 guys on a blitz if he needs to. Probably the case this coming season. 

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah pretty sure Evero has said in the past that he'll send 5/6/7 guys on a blitz if he needs to. Probably the case this coming season. 

I hope he utilizes Jewel in that delayed blitz hes so effective at

37 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Absolutely no one should think this guy is meant to effectively compare to Burns, and if someone does then they're insane. He is meant to provide a portion of that production at a fraction of the cost in combination with a couple more players, and the odds are that most of the end/edge group this year are short-term trials (thus the 2-year contract). That's how it was always planned to play out, and if one of them suddenly develops into something more then that's icing on the cake. 

This^

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

And who was beside DB most the season? I barely watched lol. Tuttle? A'Shawn should be a little upgrade to what he was working with inside last season

Yeah, if we can sign another pass rusher, we might have a sneaky good defense. Don't tell @rayzor though. I wouldn't want him to give him any false hope. But, yeah, all this was made possible by trading Burns away. There's some irony in there somewhere.

Honestly, if we could get decent center play, we might be ahead of schedule. Everything leads back to Bryce though...

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, if we can sign another pass rusher, we might have a sneaky good defense. Don't tell @rayzor though. I wouldn't want him to give him any false hope. But, yeah, all this was made possible by trading Burns away. There's some irony in there somewhere.

Honestly, if we could get decent center play, we might be ahead of schedule. Everything leads back to Bryce though...

Animated GIF

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, KSpan said:

He is Haynes replacement, assuming Haynes is not back--not Burns' replacement.  That is why we are still pursuing Chase and Clowny.  I am guessing it is going to be Clowny, and I am guessing it will be a one-year contract.  Of course, we could whiff on both, and that would necessitate drafting one.  I think we could draft a Sam 0LB and a rush/Jack OLB. 

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is Haynes replacement, assuming Haynes is not back--not Burns' replacement.  That is why we are still pursuing Chase and Clowny.  I am guessing it is going to be Clowny, and I am guessing it will be a one-year contract.  Of course, we could whiff on both, and that would necessitate drafting one.  I think we could draft a Sam 0LB and a rush/Jack OLB. 

I feel like he is more of a YGM replacement. I think he starts opposite of Young/Clowney/draft pick. He is a big upgrade over YGM and not far from recent Burns when you look at a complete package. If we could sign Chase Young (or Clowney) and Fuller it will set us up nicely in the draft IMO. 

• Pie 1