• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields traded for bag of chips, why couldn’t we get Gerber competition?

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Zach Wilson can’t be worth anything more than a late pick swap at best 

By the looks, he's cut and stays home for awhile......then a QB injury hits and he's called for a try-out only. 

I mean Im not a fan (just like fields, Howell, Pickett, etc) but he's got elite skills and I don't just say that. 2nd overall and just a awful big city fit. He's still young.

Plus if you look at the last 4 drafts and focus on QBs, my God it's a horror show!! Like 2 decent picks and 25 terrible ones....WHY would any team trade up with those odds...Just wait a year or two and send a late 6th and the 3rd overall pick in 2022 is yours.....lance, Pickett, fields, Wilson, etc etc etc. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Plus if you look at the last 4 drafts and focus on QBs, my God it's a horror show!! Like 2 decent picks and 25 terrible ones....WHY would any team trade up with those odds...Just wait a year or two and send a late 6th and the 3rd overall pick in 2022 is yours.....lance, Pickett, fields, Wilson, etc etc etc. 

This can’t be true. The huddle told me for years that tanking is necessary to get a top qb. You must be misinformed!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I swear there will be more Geno Smith like comeback stories from these QBs in the last 4 QBs.

Why are teams heavy investing in prime capital and giving up after a couple years? Terrible way to handle these young men. 

Plus it seems the Panthers set value for former 1st round QBs, that 5th looks too much now and I thought it was well worth the risk. 

What the fug is going with this panic league two QB craziness?

You cannot tell me allll these GMs, scouts, and coaches are wrong after two years on nearly every QB pick. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Damn, you guys want to go through the Darnold situation again while we already have a young guy under contract?

As soon as we trade for him we'd have to choose to pick his 5th year option up. Then if (when) he sucks, you owe him all that money like Darnold, or you don't sign him and you rent him as a backup for a year and let him walk which would be pointless.

...I get it...but we're still on the QB carousel....

20 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

This can’t be true. The huddle told me for years that tanking is necessary to get a top qb. You must be misinformed!

2023 1 1 1 1 Bryce Young Panthers Alabama
  2 1 2 2 C.J. Stroud Texans Ohio State
  3 1 4 4 Anthony Richardson Colts Florida
  4 2 2 33 Will Levis Titans Kentucky
  5 3 5 68 Hendon Hooker Lions Tennessee
  6 4 25 127 Jake Haener Saints Fresno State
  7 4 26 128 Stetson Bennett Rams Georgia
  8 4 33 135 Aidan O'Connell Raiders Purdue
  9 5 4 139 Clayton Tune Cardinals Houston
  10 5 5 140 Dorian Thompson-Robinson Browns UCLA
  11 5 14 149 Sean Clifford Packers Penn State
  12 5 29 164 Jaren Hall Vikings Brigham Young
  13 6 11 188 Tanner McKee Eagles Stanford
  14 7 22 239 Max Duggan Chargers Texas Christian
2022 1 1 20 20 Kenny Pickett Steelers Pittsburgh
  2 3 10 74 Desmond Ridder Falcons Cincinnati
  3 3 22 86 Malik Willis Titans Liberty
  4 3 30 94 Matt Corral Panthers Mississippi
  5 4 32 137 Bailey Zappe Patriots Western Kentucky
  6 5 1 144 Sam Howell Commanders North Carolina
  7 7 20 241 Chris Oladokun Steelers South Dakota State
  8 7 26 247 Skylar Thompson Dolphins Kansas State
  9 7 41 262 Brock Purdy 49ers Iowa State
2021 1 1 1 1 Trevor Lawrence Jaguars Clemson
  2 1 2 2 Zach Wilson Jets Brigham Young
  3 1 3 3 Trey Lance 49ers North Dakota State
  4 1 11 11 Justin Fields Bears Ohio State
  5 1 15 15 Mac Jones Patriots Alabama
  6 2 32 64 Kyle Trask Buccaneers Florida
  7 3 2 66 Kellen Mond Vikings Texas A&M
  8 3 3 67 Davis Mills Texans Stanford
  9 4 28 133 Ian Book Saints Notre Dame

Cringe Wince GIF

Trevor Lawrence who played TERRIBLE this past year is the #2 crown jewel form this list?? Pickett, ridder, Howell, lance, fields, and Jones have already been traded for Subway coupons. Wilson, Trask, Corral and Mond have either been cut and going to be. 

Bust central and this list could be worse after the 2024 season

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I swear there will be more Geno Smith like comeback stories from these QBs in the last 4 QBs.

Why are teams heavy investing in prime capital and giving up after a couple years? Terrible way to handle these young men. 

Plus it seems the Panthers set value for former 1st round QBs, that 5th looks too much now and I thought it was well worth the risk. 

What the fug is going with this panic league two QB craziness?

You cannot tell me allll these GMs, scouts, and coaches are wrong after two years on nearly every QB pick. 

This wouldn't be a conversation if we didn't force Chicago the #1 pick.

If the Bears are picking 5th overall they are keeping Fields as their starting QB.

It makes 0 sense in our current situation.   He has another season on his cheap rookie contract and then we would have to pay him.  You dont want to overpay a mediocre qb.   I see literally no benefit.   Bryce is our qb this season win, lose, or draw.  If we lose then we draft his replacement next season.  There are no quick fixes or half ass bandages. 

• Pie 3