• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We signed Clowney....

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

You beat me to it, but I would have begun with "I suspect we." 

Clowney hasn't exactly lit the world on fire, but he's trending up in his older age.

You could say the exact same thing about Burns. With 1/3 the risk and money invested.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

4 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Someone want to tell NBC?

Panthers signed EDGE Jadeveon Clowney, formerly of the Ravens, to a two-year, $20 million contract.
Ian Rapoport was first with the scoop and Adam Schefter later added the contract details. Clowney most recently played in Baltimore, racking up 9.5 sacks and nine TFLs in his only season as a Raven. Now a mercenary, Clowney has played for four different teams in five years since finishing out his rookie contract with the Texans. Even at 31 years old, Clowney is still a top-end pass-rusher who excels as the foil to another elite EDGE. He will join Brian Burns in Carolina to create a formidable pass-rush for a Panthers defense looking to retool after a disappointing 2023 campaign.

Clowney will join Brian Burns in Carolina?

7 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

He’s getting the final bag after his 1 yr 2.5 million with the Ravens.

Clowney is smart, he knows this is his last bag and I won’t be surprised if he rolls over and plays dead

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Seriously that's pathetic.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Got a better edge guy for 1/3 the cost. Who'd a thought that was possible.  Yes I said better. 

I feel the same, 2023 and prior. Not as sure for 2024 and feel like we are going to see exactly how much Burns was sandbagging. He is going to post numbers.

edit: Dan though, that was a good job. Replaced Burns for less and was paid in picks to do it.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think y'all are hyping this a bit much. Ravens had 5 pro bowlers on defense ? And Clowney wasn’t one. He was aloud to feast with that line and a scheme that put him all over because the other team was worried about everyone else.

Meanwhile here in Carolina he is most certainly going to have attention and be doubled up on.

Only plus is the money, he’d have to be very bad if he can’t earn 10 mil. This team still needs a dominant rusher go with the likes of Clowney/Browb to be in contention imo.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Same. Corbett at Center is a big question mark. Horn playing up to his draft status and staying healthy is also one. So center and corner trumps edge at this point.  33 and 39 need to be a WR, Corner or Center. I like Kneeland and Adisa at edge but starting to lean towards whichever WR catches our fancy or a corner.  Developmental center might be available later.  Van Prann is my hope but have a feeling he will go before 65. Sleepers like McCormick and Limmer are options but using the 101 on a Center worries me. Less fear bout scooping up a RB, TE or WR there. I think one of those top picks will be a WR though so a top tier Corner is more important at 33 or 39. I've seen DeJean slide to 33 in mocks. I don't know but I have some hope in this draft. 

I think they will look at Corbett and they feel good about it.  I think they have talked to him and he is on board.  However, Mays is also moving to C and I would not be surprised to see if BC is not involved.  Not ideal, but with 2 stud OGs beside you, he should be fine.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

He’s getting the final bag after his 1 yr 2.5 million with the Ravens.

Clowney is smart, he knows this is his last bag and I won’t be surprised if he rolls over and plays dead

LMAO

With our luck this might be true.

We overpaid to get him considering his contract from last season. Dude quadrupled his salary from last season. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think they will look at Corbett and they feel good about it.  I think they have talked to him and he is on board.  However, Mays is also moving to C and I would not be surprised to see if BC is not involved.  Not ideal, but with 2 stud OGs beside you, he should be fine.

Build for the future and prepare.  A young Center still needs to be part of the plan. 

• Pie 2