• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Future at Runningback

shaq

Just now, Jon Snow said:

So true. You cannot reason with them anyway so you just have to drive a stake through their heart and be done with it. 

You can write BPA on the spike and accomplish the same goal.

• Beer 1

This may be the only spot I feel this way about, but no need to invest here. Each year there are big name FAs and cuts *for now. Just sign one at a below market cost and use draft picks on DL, OL, CB, and WR.

Herniay always pissed me off about using draft picks here, then he'd over pay by miles as well. 

RB market is bargain central and loads of players to go around. 

Plus RB is one of the better UDFA spots with success. 

I think we are fine this year, and we need to never give out of FA contract to a RB again. Just draft a mid rounder every year. Unless we luck into a CMC level talent

The return of investment rate for free agent tight ends and running backs is extremely low. They don't need to be paid unless they are Kelce/Olsen/Gronk or CMC/Tomlinson/Charles tier of player. Said at the time of signings last year that Fitterer was an idiot for giving Hurst and Sanders those contracts, and in reply Mr. Scot said I was an idiot....welp!

I d love to draft the Notre Dame back, Tenn Back or Ray davis in the fifth round. Unlikely they will be there but we have so many other crucial needs right now we can't spend a 2,3, or 4th on RB

i would love Benson with either 33 or 39. WR and Benson with those first two.

If we don't get Benson, then just pick one  a few rounds later.

I'd be happy with Brooks, Wright, Shipley, Lloyd, Ray Davis, Corum, Guerrendo, Allen, or Estime (no particular order).

Any of those guys would be able to help us. 

I don't buy the idea we do it but need to wait until rd5-7.  Just land the back you want.  Target the players you want, stop overthinking the positional value relative to the trends.  Find the players that fit the team you want to build.  Just like Detroit's been doing it.  Know your type, get your guys.  

I think it would be an excellent move to find a guy who could just take over a huge snap count and become a hit for us.  White was the #3 overall RB receiving wise last year for Canales - we are not resting with Hubbard/Sanders for his offense.  I just don't see it.  

Outside of the outlier in CMC, seeing how guys like Gibbs (1st), Walker (2nd), J Cook (2nd), Achane (3rd), Kyren (5th), have become the new upper echelon backs in the league leads me to think we should absolutely value a RB that fits us.  I wouldn't have an issue at the top of R3, possibly even higher.

And funny enough, those guys all happen to be on contenders.  

Regardless of value, you still need to have an effective running game with home run potential.  What I think is promising is that our run blocking with our OL should be strong so if we found a true threat at RB, it could be huge for producing real offense for the first time since 2017.  

Chuba is serviceable, Miles is a question mark.  I say, if Benson, Wright, Corum, etc. is our guy, go freaking get him and let's produce a competent offense for once.  

He will be fine as a "pick up 4-5 yards"-guy with our new guards, but I for one is very tired of him running straight into the safeties. It is like he runs out of gas after eight yards and stumbles to 11 on his best runs.

We need a homerun threat, if Sanders is not it I'm fine with a high draft pick.

There is no way fathomable it will going to take a lot of money to resign Chuba. He can easily be replaced a Free agent next year, or drafting someone in the later rounds this year. With what we have on the roster this year, it is not an immediate need. The the oline does what I think they can do, You can put an infant back there and let them crawl through the hole....