• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The value of Pick #33 if traded

21 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I was so furious at that draft at the time. I was definitely one of the few that didn't "get" the quantity versus quality strategy. It was so fuging insane.

That trading down could have been a gold mine if he picked the right players 

Instead of JC Horn at pick 8 he could have gotten any of these slam dunks 

- Patrick Surtain, Devonta Smith, Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater. All came off the board right after our pick.

Creed Humphrey (starting C for Cheifs and 2x SB Winner)  at pick 59 in R2
Instead of TMJ 

osa odighizuwa (DT Cowboys) at pick 70 in R3 instead of Brady Christensen

Nico Collins WR Houston at pick 83 instead of Tommy Tremble

The only way I am willing entertaining any draft day trades is if someone is willing to overpay. We have a done a good job of bringing in talent, so there is no urgent need to bring in bodies. We appear to be ok at Defensive Line, We have addressed the offensive line and no changes to be made at QB. We could use a WR, RB, and TE. We could use a Pass rusher, ILB, and Corner. Only WR, Pass rusher, and Corner really stand out to me. You clear 2 of those needs with the picks we have now. I say WR and Pass rusher. Bring back Gilmore for this season and we can select those other positions later. Now if someone is willing to overpay above and beyond, eliminate one of those needs in the process..just my 2 cents

49 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

- Patrick Surtain, Devonta Smith, Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater. All came off the board right after our pick.

Instead of TMJ 

Humphrey was the pick and anyone with an eye for football and this team's needs knew it. We were terrible at center and we've all seen the value in having that position locked down for a decade with Kalil. Humphrey was about as solid a C prospect as you'll see. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Instead of TMJ 

Trading down to the extent we did very, very rarely works out well. It's born of the notion that you are just smarter and better than anyone else in the league. That was very obviously not the case. Peak hubris from Rhule/Fitterer.

• Beer 2

Although I have gone back and forth here that #33 is very valuable.  It all depends on who is there but I am not moving down past pick 40.  Gut tells me we should pick best available at 33 cuz someone surprising could be there.  

Edited by Shocker

14 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

That is 100 percent worth it to me. Trading a 2nd for a 1st is already a win imo unless the team you're trading to is a deep playoff team or something.  

The fact that we still have another 2nd round pick opens up more options I'd say.  It's enough ammo to trade up to jump one of those late playoff teams for a player they really want badly (ex elite WR drops further than expected).  And the two 2nd rounders lessens the blow of trading down especially if you're picking up another high pick for 2025 (and keep in mind we don't have a 2nd round pick in 2025).

It's a little tantalizing to imagine if we had 2  first round picks in 2025. And we had a poo season along with the team that traded with us. Then all of a sudden you got 2 first round picks in the top 10 in 2025. You can do all sorts of poo with that kind of capital.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. 

The only way I trade out of 33 is for a 2025 1st and no less than a 3rd this year.

We've given Young almost everything he needs to be successful or at least show he's worth the pick.  Getting that extra 2025 pick gives us tools to move up and get a great pick if he falters in 2024.

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

At the end of round 1 someone is going to want the 33rd pick if 5 qb's and 8 wr's go in the first 

Trading 33 is what a team does when they're ready to compete in the Playoffs though. Unless we get a DEAL ... we aren't budging and no one is going to give you a deal for 33.

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

NFL.com 5 round mock has us doing this trade and then not taking a WR at all in the 2nd and taking a DT and TE. Lol

I was so confused first thing I said when I saw that is they even have us drafting bad they really think we’re a little crazy or something I said damm those were terrible selections compared to what we passed up. Legette to the Saints Pitt got JPJ Phila gets A Mitchell I’m like we have to be crazy to go with those two selections before all those other players.

its not that high. Cards got a great offer last year. II would say a 4+ this year or ideally, an extra 3 next year. 1st round is really where  u should trade down bc the offers are so juicy. Some teams will even give up future 1s that turn into the 1st overall pick