• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"The Panthers had the NFL’s most underrated offseason"

both of the following can be true: we can have had a good offseason and we still might suck next year. 

It's all about two things: building a sustainable future (not tying up cap with bad contracts, hitting on draft picks, accumulating not burning future draft capital) AND finding out if Bryce is the guy

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

nothing really new, just thought an outsiders view on what has been going on in the offseason was interesting.

excerpt:

article linky

it doesn't go into the draft, just talks mainly about how the FA acquisitions give some insight into what they have planned. 

We'll see. We had these kinda reviews for last year too with the coaches and free agents we brought in.

Shrugs GIF

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

We'll see. We had these kinda reviews for last year too with the coaches and free agents we brought in.

Shrugs GIF

So much of the time the only way to figure poo out is by fuging things up a lot and fall in your face. But you keep on trying and eventually you'll fall into some good poo.

I'm hoping that's where we are now. I'm willing to give it a shot.

• Beer 1

CMC is off the books. We're not paying Burns. We have a QB on a rookie deal. We have no offensive star on the team. Under those conditions you would expect some good moves in free agency because there is some money for it, and we've improved the roster. Even so, Young decides out fate. If he's trash again, then we're obviously cooked.

11 hours ago, pantherj said:

CMC is off the books. We're not paying Burns. We have a QB on a rookie deal. We have no offensive star on the team. Under those conditions you would expect some good moves in free agency because there is some money for it, and we've improved the roster. Even so, Young decides out fate. If he's trash again, then we're obviously cooked.

This is a pretty good assessment IMO.   As mentioned he is on a rookie contract and if he fails to improve we will likely have a high draft pick next year and wouldn't be surprised if we target a QB. I view the moves we've made should allow a young QB to display talent and grow.  The upgrades to the line and beefing up the WR room also help, but it doesnt have to be the guy they have installed there now.  That said, I want BY to succeed but he can't excel under these conditions or show marked improvement, you try to move on.  Sure, it will turn out to be an extremely costly experiment but that is the only path.

On 4/9/2024 at 6:46 PM, rayzor said:

So much of the time the only way to figure poo out is by fuging things up a lot and fall in your face. But you keep on trying and eventually you'll fall into some good poo.

I'm hoping that's where we are now. I'm willing to give it a shot.

3rd times the charm, right? If it worked for the Texans, it can work for us. Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

• Pie 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:30 PM, Puresteel55 said:

Nix!

They might as well take 1 qb every year til they get it right because the free agent market is washed. Would send a message to the qb's too, nothing should be handed to them, if numerous guys turn out to look decent then you got trade capital for another position. Better than drafting the DJ Johnsons of Mingos of the world

• Pie 1