• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Day 2 WR projection. Different take

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

We've got who we've got and we're stuck with it for a while.

We can't draft based on the QB we wish we had. Focus has to be on who's best to help Bryce succeed. Doesn't matter if people don't want him. He's here. Now let's just try to make it work with him here.

I don't know if we should do that if you think about it a little deeper Canales isn't tied to Bryce at all. You build your team the best way you are fit. And nowadays we've seen second year QBs who can't get it done get benched and eventually moved in from rather quickly. We end up in the top 3 next year and Bryce still looks overwhelmed I'm sure we'll be looking towards a young stud. 

3 hours ago, csx said:

Good receivers are good receivers. I think too much is being made out of some special recipe for Young. 

I agree with this lets grab the best stud available Bryce just has to get it done with much better blocking and better weapons out the ball where it needs to be, just be the Bryce we saw at Bama.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Flawed logic.  WR was not the reason we did not go deep as much--we had Chark.  Add a center and we can go deep more easily than adding a WR.

Let’s see what this year brings on the ‘deep’ category 

Chark dropped  his  share 

young missed his share 

at some point, it’s going to become very very clear where the issue is

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

young missed his share 

It really is a "wait and see."  I have just seen too many QBs on various levels to suck when the conditions were bad and they suddenly got better when their OL was better.  I would like to see a stat on how quickly the QB was moved from his mark (where the plant foot was to happen)  instead of sacks.  I know that Canales said he wanted the ball out in 2.7 seconds, which indicates a lot more pre snap reads.  With a better OL, he can throw deep balls in that amount of time---however, when I watched some games that I saved, Young was moved before the 2.7 second point quite a bit--that indicates middle pressure for the most part.  So maybe, just maybe....

The entire take by PFF ignores the fact that Diontae was actually one of the biggest deep threats in the NFL last year.  He had the same yards per catch as Jaylen Waddle and MORE that AJ Brown.  For an organization focused largely on stats, they sure seem to ignore them a lot when it doesn't fit the narrative they want to peddle.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Any of you guys watch this channel?  I like their insights.  This was a good video in detail for the top 14-15 WR's IMO:  

Yeah those guys are cool.  They tend to have a nice blend of film analysis and analytics w/ their approach.  Typically have good in depth stats they consider when talking about these guys.    

On 4/14/2024 at 11:48 PM, raleigh-panther said:

young missed his share 

Idunno... its a weird ass situation.

All training camp ..Bryce to Chark is the new thing.  

The season debut of that duo: A lil underwhelming.  

Dalton comes in: Chark TD

Next week Bryce: repeat the underwhelming...

......it continues 

THEN: Vs Green Bay (Iirc) This is probably what the people saw in training camp. 

Next week: Back to normal

Idunno how to classify it. Seemed like the whole offense was working with different playbooks. 

Add a C to the the two Guards we'll see. In college he could spin it. Not 70 yards Josh Allen spin but 40 if he could step into it and plant ... in the NFL, his deep ball got wildly inaccurate. I just dunno how much of that was due to horrible footwork. 

He needs a speedy/shifty WR for the short and intermediate. For the deep ball, he needs somebody that can track the ball and adjust. Somebody who can climb the ladder and catch the occasional prayer ball. Which is y I think his pops wants Leggette. And the reason Keon is still on our board imo. 

Side note: Besides body type, Legette and Mingo are not the same. Far too many people are already writing him off though. Give'em time.  

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Next 

Add a C to the the two Guards we'll see. In college he could spin it. Not 70 yards Josh Allen spin but 40 if he could step into it and plant ... in the NFL, his deep ball got wildly inaccurate. I just dunno how much of that was due to horrible footwork. 

He needs a speedy/shifty WR for the short and intermediate. For the deep ball, he needs somebody that can track the ball and adjust. Somebody who can climb the ladder and catch the occasional prayer ball. Which is y I think his pops wants Leggette. And the reason Keon is still on our board imo. 

Based off what we saw last year I can see us picking Keon at 39 or later with a beneficial trade back because Bryce's deep ball was very underwhelming I'll say.  We really need that climb the ladder jump ball catcher a player who's snatching the passes at there high points because as stated the deep ball was oddly very inaccurate so let's try to get our version of Mike Evans with Leggette or KC both jump ball catchers.

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Franklin is one of the guys I have reservations about - Others being Coleman, Leggette, Pearsall and Worthy.

Guys I'm higher on in no particular order:

Ladd McConkey

AD Mitchell

Javon Baker

Malik Washington

Ja'Lynn Polk

Jalen Coker

What are your thoughts on Roman Wilson? Widely considered a top 10 WR in this draft.

15 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

What are your thoughts on Roman Wilson? Widely considered a top 10 WR in this draft.

Good slot guy, but I want a guy who has the outside potential/versatility. Everyone I listed above except for Washington has X potential, except Polk who I think will be a great WR2 in the NFL.

I dunno why, just not super high on Wilson.