• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

33 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

The problem with that is he played 5 years in college.  If he played 5 years in college and you have no idea who the real Legette is... theres no way you take that at 33

Well, if they do take him at 33, obviously they do believe that they know who he is. The fact is, there are reasons why he didn't break out before year five. We may not know all of them or all of the specifics, but it's disingenuous not to acknowledge them, and it seems that many Huddlers want to use their lack of acknowledgement to drive a decidedly contrived narrative against him. But, that aside, once you interview him and acknowledge the reasons for his fifth year breakout, and then work him out within the plans and visions that you have for him within your system, then you have a decision to make regarding his value. I am fairly sure that we've done all of that, so I'm not going to scream "bloody murder" if we pick him at 33. 

Edited by top dawg

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, if they do take him at 33, obviously they do believe that they know who he is. The fact is, there are reasons why he didn't break out before year five. We may not know all of them or all of the specifics, but it's disingenuous not to acknowledge them, and it seems that many Huddlers want to use their lack of acknowledgement to drive a decidedly contrived narrative against him. But, that aside, once you interview him and acknowledge the reasons for his fifth year breakout, and then work him out within the plans and visions that you have for him within your system, then you have a decision to make regarding his value. I am fairly sure that we've done all of that, so I'm not going to scream "bloody murder" if we pick him at 33. 

Ive said before.   I see a world where he turns in to a slightly limited Metcalf.  I see a lot more chances he ends up being a little faster Shenault.  Regardless, if we draft him I want him to be great and will cheer for him just like any player we could have drafted.   Im just saying im not sold on him and he definitely isnt one of my favorite receivers pre draft. 

• Pie 1

Imagine being born today and this is the first time you’ve heard a player say “x team said if I’m there at pick y they’re taking me” only for it not to happen on draft day. It’s almost like it makes no sense for a team to definitively say that without knowing how the board will fall, or like these players might have agents who tell them to leak things like this to increase the public perception that he’s a first round talent.

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Ive said before.   I see a world where he turns in to a slightly limited Metcalf.  I see a lot more chances he ends up being a little faster Shenault.  Regardless, if we draft him I want him to be great and will cheer for him just like any player we could have drafted.   Im just saying im not sold on him and he definitely isnt one of my favorite receivers pre draft. 

Steve Smith already said that Legette is past where Metcalf was when he was drafted, so why limit him at this point? Shenault's biggest issue in my opinion is that he was never a good ball tracker. That's why he never took hold in the league as a starter. Legette is an excellent ball tracker, so I can't see it. 

It's nice to know that you will cheer for him. I wouldn't expect anything less. 

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I can confidently say that is not the current plan.

Agree, I don’t think Dan Morgan would tell a player that. He may have said something that was misunderstood. 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Steve Smith already said that Legette is past where Metcalf was when he was drafted, so why limit him at this point? Shenault's biggest issue in my opinion is that he was never a good ball tracker. That's why he never took hold in the league as a starter. Legette is an excellent ball tracker, so I can't see it. 

It's nice to know that you will cheer for him. I wouldn't expect anything less. 

I remember Steve Smith was very high on Shi Smith as well. 

Just now, Stuart Smith said:

I remember Steve Smith was very high on Shi Smith as well. 

No he was not. You guys keep saying Smitty is high on these guys just because he gives you the positives or food for thought. Smith was "very high" on a day 3 receiver? Come on, man. Smitty acknowledges the positives and negatives, and offers a scenario where receivers might be successful. That's pretty much it. 

In this class, he's high on the top 3. I'd say he's very high on Nabers and Harrison. Outside of the top 3, questions abound, but he can envision a scenario where many of them can work.

• Pie 1