• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you grab falling star t'vondre sweat?

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....that can happen but also bring in a professional situation can help.

College football is a pretty bad about developing players in terms of football or maturing them as adults.

Based on quite a bit of history, so is the NFL. At the end of the day, a lot of the responsibility for development lies on the individual. You just can't save some folks from themselves.

• Pie 1

I get that he would fill a need if he pans out.  But the thing is, we don't have to fill every single need this year.  And I don't think we should be trying to.

If this year's class is so weak at that position, that the best prospect we can get is a 4th or later guy with character issues.. meh.  Get somebody you feel better about at a different position of need, and worry about pairing a DT with Brown next year.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I get that he would fill a need if he pans out.  But the thing is, we don't have to fill every single need this year.  And I don't think we should be trying to.

If this year's class is so weak at that position, that the best prospect we can get is a 4th or later guy with character issues.. meh.  Get somebody you feel better about at a different position of need, and worry about pairing a DT with Brown next year.

I hate when people make intelligent, well thought out statements that contradict my thought process. 

How bout you shut up. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

I would have taken Sweat at 39.  The fact that he could be available at 65 is fantastic. If he slides all the way to 101 and we don't take him, shame on us. 

That exactly where I was at as well. Now I’m hesitant. But it is ok to start taking chances in the 4th and 5th round, so that’s where I would still consider him. Canales strikes me as someone who could be a good fit for Sweat, but that’s just a feeling I have, and I obviously don’t know that as a fact.

• Pie 2

I would be comfortable with him in the 3rd round. i doubt hes there in the 4th honestly. guy was a bordeline 1st surefire second before the dui. I just see chances like this to get more bang for your buck. if he doesn't pan on think how many 2nd 3rd rounds we have thrown away( matt corral dj johnson so on) who have been even bigger wastes of talent. this guy could start day 1.

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

I hate when people make intelligent, well thought out statements that contradict my thought process. 

How bout you shut up. 

Haha.  In all seriousness it really depends on how the draft falls.  If its the 4th or 5th round, and he's the best prospect on the board... I don't have a problem with the team drafting him.

My main red flag with someone like this, is we're trying to build a culture from the ashes here.  Bringing in guys with character problems may not be the most productive way of doing that.  But I'm not a head coach or someone who knows how to build a team culture.

• Pie 4

43 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Haha.  In all seriousness it really depends on how the draft falls.  If its the 4th or 5th round, and he's the best prospect on the board... I don't have a problem with the team drafting him.

My main red flag with someone like this, is we're trying to build a culture from the ashes here.  Bringing in guys with character problems may not be the most productive way of doing that.  But I'm not a head coach or someone who knows how to build a team culture.

Agree with you here. It's critical that Canales harp on team culture and team building. 

I believe he will, hence why I'd be comfortable with the pick. 

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

How bout you shut up. 

Both positions are rational. It's the irrational statements that get me.

• Pie 1