• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft - Round 1

Just now, CPantherKing said:

The Triple-Ds make their first mark with a terrible decision.

Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest are going to earn that Triple-Ds nickname if they don't get anything from this draft to immediately impact the 2024 season.

1695919838708409.jpg.6506d1cbccc8c29d523f518fef20a84f.jpg

Im not the biggest Legette fan but you need to allow him to play under this staff that decided he was a fit for the offense. Mingo fits as a slot and should replace theilen. You got to wait this out some bro....

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, strato said:

As far as giving up the overnight break and essentially being on the clock.... those QBs were gone, takes away the potential. 

i agree with this. the main value of 33 was to fleece someone who wanted Penix or Nix. once they came off, the ability to rob someone dropped off significantly. the best thing is to get your guy. swapping 5 for 6 to get the 5th year option seems like a great move. it’s now up to the coaching staff to make this pay off.

• Beer 2

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

i agree with this. the main value of 33 was to fleece someone who wanted Penix or Nix. once they came off, the ability to rob someone dropped off significantly. the best thing is to get your guy. swapping 5 for 6 to get the 5th year option seems like a great move. it’s now up to the coaching staff to make this pay off.

Yeah I forgot which pod, but someone was saying that about this year.  #20-45ish have similar grades for a lot of teams, so if a team is really coveting a guy, it makes sense to go get him since the capital isn't requiring to jump a tier.  And with no QBs there, it wasn't much at all.  I.E. - the other trades in the 20s before ours.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, WestPanthers said:

And now we get all the gamecock Alumni....

Seriously--3 starters on defense and a WR on offense--that is 4 of 22 starters.  We have had Shi, Travelle, Captain, and a few others. 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Thank you, because of your post I stayed up to watch it

Had Buffalo and KC not traded, it would not have gone down.  KC would never give up a 5th year option but Morgan and Beane are buddies, so I really believe that BB threw us a bone.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

If we can walk away with a center or that iowa CB at 39, we will be in great shape.

That CB from Iowa can play the nickel for us and he would be great at it.  He can play outside.  He can play safety.  He can tackle and he is a ball hawk.  He or JPJ (Center) would be great, 

Gonna call the pick:  Saintrisil (CB) or Wilson (LB)

Xavier Worthy going to the Chiefs, oooo wee mayne, Worthy is going to be GOOD with Mahomes. Very fortunate he ended up somewhere that will use him correctly and keep him healthy. Potential all-pro. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Xavier Worthy going to the Chiefs, oooo wee mayne, Worthy is going to be GOOD with Mahomes. Very fortunate he ended up somewhere that will use him correctly and keep him healthy. Potential all-pro. 

I think the Bills were dumb to hand him to the Chiefs.  They should have taken him, even though he'll likely be much better in KC's offense.