• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

23 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The exact way Mingo should’ve been used. It really seems like Mingo has an uphill battle to see the field this year. What an awful pick that was

Legette struggles against press which is where the DK comps are silly

We so desperately need this pick to work out but it’s tough to be excited about this one

IMO Mingo really needed to be in and developing in the slot. 

Carolina drafted Mingo.  Bragged about him being a slot weapon.  Low ceiling Thielen sort of messes things up by having his high floor as savy old vet that takes up all those reps. 

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its an anonymous message board discussing our supposed favorite team, how in the fug could you possible think this bleeds into real life?   Just seems you are making a subtle dig or something.  This team has giving us complete poo at every turn for close to a decade.  We always go left instead of going right.  We always and I mean always seem to make the wrong choice and do things ass backwards.  I can give you 50 examples off the top of my head in you need refreshing.

Being laser focused on a player to the point he is telling the media he is our pick making the GM panicked that someone may get him before us because we broadcasted who we liked is a perfect example.  If teams valued the 5th year option as much as its getting played on here today you simply would see more teams doing it if it mattered that much. 

We will see how the 2nd plays out but my gut and head think he would have lasted to 39 easily especially with who is on the board.  An unprecedented amount of qbs went obviously pushing talent down and we still couldnt get out of our own way.

Just an observation, this is a game and it's supposed to be fun. I can understand disagreeing with damn near everything we've done the past decade, but getting angry and having such vitriol towards something you have no control over is just not healthy. I've been there as a fan before, and once I realized that I hated what I was supposed to like and enjoy, it made me take a step back and reassess some stuff. Now when we suck I don't get super pissed or angry, I'm just disappointed and move on.

I'm still a huge fan of the team (obviously, I'm on this damn board daily), but I just don't want to spend the energy hating them. I'm not praising everything they do, but the neutral "We'll see" approach to what happens prevents the large negative reactions and lends yourself to be more pleasantly surprised than negatively disappointed.

Just some food for thought. Dissenting opinions are fine, it's why we have the board at all, to discuss things, but the immediate negative reaction to any and everything that happens before anything shakes out makes it seem like you are choosing to be upset about the choices being made rather than just letting things flesh out.

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Carolina drafted Mingo.  Bragged about him being a slot weapon.  Low ceiling Thielen sort of messes things up by having his high floor as savy old vet that takes up all those reps. 

Bryce is such a timing thrower that a player like Mingo in the slot is a scary thing. Mingo’s route running blows and often times looked like a chicken without a head out on the field. Tough to trust someone like that working the middle of the field imo

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce is such a timing thrower that a player like Mingo in the slot is a scary thing. Mingo’s route running blows and often times looked like a chicken without a head out on the field. Tough to trust someone like that working the middle of the field imo

True, but I think us occupying this no mans land in terms of trying to be this weird building but win now nothing team.....has been our biggest flaw the past several years.   We tried to be that last year.  The last several before that.  

I mean, Carolina literally claimed they drafted him to work the slot.  He was heavy slot guy overall in college.  Life on the outside is harder.  And then we wonder why Mingo struggled so much as a rookie.   

What would have been the worst case scenario by developing him as we said we intended? We would have been the exact same team.  The whole season was basically this Adam Theilen snooze fest.  Which in the end, served no point.  I think Theilen has to occupy the slot less.  There is a cost IMO of him being there with his high floor.   

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The exact way Mingo should’ve been used. It really seems like Mingo has an uphill battle to see the field this year. What an awful pick that was

Legette struggles against press which is where the DK comps are silly

We so desperately need this pick to work out but it’s tough to be excited about this one

Yea, i hope he balls out on the field but right now I dont like it at all.  Especially when AD and  Ladd were there for the taking.  Im tired of repeatedly taking big receivers that you have to manufacture touches for.   Almost all the uses for him they mentioned are gadget plays the same as Shenault was.  If Im taking a wr in the first I want them to be a true wr.  Especially when there is a very good chance hes our #1 wr next year regardless of how good or bad he is this coming season.

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep Mingo needs to play big slot.

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Canales is smart based on what exactly? He talks a smooth game but dude has one year as a coordinator, and it's not like the moves made this offseason required any kind of high intelligence to predict. He could turn out to be good but the story has yet to be written on him as a head coach and any related aspects.

Imo you become an NFL HC at 42 for 2 reasons: you're a smart guy who is good at your job or nepotism. Now he could definitely fail at this level, I am not blindly saying he is going to be a great NFL HC, but I think it's fair assumption to say he has proven himself as a pretty smart dude who understands football, up to this point in his career.. which is all we have to base on. 

18 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Imo you become an NFL HC at 42 for 2 reasons: you're a smart guy who is good at your job or nepotism. Now he could definitely fail at this level, I am not blindly saying he is going to be a great NFL HC, but I think it's fair assumption to say he has proven himself as a pretty smart dude who understands football, up to this point in his career.. which is all we have to base on. 

Until proven otherwise that definitely doesn't apply when David Tepper is involved, which is my whole point. All attribution should be reserved until the rubber meets the road and real football is on the field. 

52 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The timing thrower thing is just another offshoot of the physical limitations, it’s frustrating taking rookie WRs in that setting. Qb school praised the anticipation without acknowledging he’s often throwing blindly to a spot 

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Donelly doesn't mind the trade and gets why they did it for the 5th year option. Doesn't like the player because of age and lack of college production until his 5th year.

I think he’ll be 29 at the end of his 5th year, if he makes it that far

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I'm guessing all of these receivers will be in a rotation.  Mingo will get opportunities just like Leggette. They are going to need all of these guys to step up.