• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft: Rounds 2 & 3

also the more I think about it the more the “but rbs aren’t valuable” argument is moot because the center obsessed people wouldve absolutely still complained had they taken a CB 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

RB isn’t the least valued position. Center is. That’s what makes the point so hilarious. The further point is that you don’t need to draft centers high to “protect Bryce young,” I actually spoke to that point in my last post to you.

your concern is BUILDING THOSE HOG MOLLIES with big time investments that you can be proud of, but it’s a waste of money, a waste of draft capital, a wasted opportunity to get players who can add to your win total. ELITE ALL PRO CENTERS aren’t adding to your win total versus the good center you bought in free agency at a much more reasonable price than what you would’ve paid at every other position 

RBs are valuable as drafted prospects in this spot BECAUSE they generally don’t get second contracts while still adding a player who can change the make up of your football team  

This is one of the worst arguments I've ever seen on this board. Teams with the best offensive lines win, period.

Brooks won't have any more impact than Kareem Hunt would have if we just signed Hunt. Or if we just waited to the 4th to take MarShawn Lloyd

All I’m saying is the Brooks pick may have served more than one purpose. If we don’t get C at 3-1 (which I hope we do) I am pretty sure Denver and Miami FA Cs are both still out there . I THINK Sanders cap hit is like 6.5M this year. If we can give him away for someone taking 3M that frees up enough cash we might make a move for a FA center. That being said personally I prefer 3-1 or Corbett but I’ll give Dan bod until he proves us wrong 

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

your perspective is that the panthers haven’t been able to replace Ryan kalil because they haven’t added a long term player

but it’s not important to have a long term player at center 

the capability of the center has fluctuated depending on whom they have chosen to line up, his relative health, the scheme fit. But at no point have they needed tenure there. They need to make the right decision in free agency. Do that correctly and it is it no value if there’s a new face there every season. 

Lol

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol

hey exposit on the plethora of reasons why an additional year of contract control for an expensive position “doesn’t move the needle”

you seemed to have forgotten when all those people told you to stop pouting like a little girl earlier 

• Pie 1