• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How short a leash will Young be on?

Jmac

5 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

If there is little to no improvement this year, he won’t be a Panther next year. His first year was so bad that if he sucks again, we will be picking in the Top 3 in 2025. Honestly, that may be best case scenario for us because I really don’t think Bryce’s ceiling is that high. 

2025 isn't a great QB draft though, no? Would love to get Arch Manning in a few years. The last name alone will help us get our first SB win ever considering how they handed the one to Peyton

50 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

What doesnt make sense is that a number one overall pick QB didn't even rank within 32 QBs last year. The narrative is that as long as he has talent he will succeed in some sort of way. If that still doesn't happen we gotta problem buddy.

I understand why he didn't rank within 32 QB's. Anybody who watched our patchwork oline fail to be halfway decent. Any receiver outside of Adam. No TE worth mentioning.  Yet here we are, still acting like he was the problem last year. 

fug me this poo is older than your grandma's crusty underwear. 

• Flames 1

I'm one of the biggest Bryce haters on here, so this may come as a shock, but I don't have him on any kind of leash, if healthy, he's my starter for all 17 games no matter what, and maybe even all 17 games in 2025 too.

We aren't going to be a contending team until we replace him at QB and next year's QB class is very questionable at the moment.

I have no issue losing every game until we are able to replace Bryce with a legitimate replacement, so I'm not benching him when he sucks for someone better, someone who will give us a better chance to win games, but not good enough to make us long term contenders.

So start him 17 games, get a better draft pick and hopefully #1 next year.

If there isn't a sure fire QB prospect to take (and under no circumstances will I ever want Sanders, the kid is more about his personal celebrity image than being a player and I want nothing to do with Deion hovering over everything with him), pull a Chicago, trade it for a bunch of assets, and if we can't, then use it to get an elite prospect at another position and keep building out the roster.

Lose again in 2025 and get another Top 5 pick, at which point we take a new QB to move on from Bryce (fingers crossed it's Arch Manning at that point)

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

2025 isn't a great QB draft though, no? Would love to get Arch Manning in a few years. The last name alone will help us get our first SB win ever considering how they handed the one to Peyton

Then we take the best wr or edge and roll on. Look again in 2026 if necessary. Rushing to draft a top qb is what got us here. This team is not a just qb away. 

• Pie 2

I'm pulling for the kid... I hope he doesn't blur the lines between greatness and crap play....we'll need a decision by the end of the season. I just don't want it to languish into the following season...just  because dipper wants to prove hes right....

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I understand why he didn't rank within 32 QB's. Anybody who watched our patchwork oline fail to be halfway decent. Any receiver outside of Adam. No TE worth mentioning.  Yet here we are, still acting like he was the problem last year. 

fug me this poo is older than your grandma's crusty underwear. 

sounds just like a Jets fan several years ago talking about Sam Darnold...just saying

oh wait a minute was it a Panthers fan when they traded the Jets for Sam

no no I think it sounds like pretty much everyone several years ago when Sam left the Jets saying  if Sam had this & that & the other how he would be soooo much better ...

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 2

I'm just thinking, because we've put so much into propping up Bryce and surrounding him with talent to make this a make or break year, that Bryce will suffer a season ending injury in the preseason or the first few weeks. 

Us getting stuck in "is he or isn't he?" limbo for another year is the most Panthers thing that could happen to us. 

• Poo 1

Just now, Captroop said:

I'm just thinking, because we've put so much into propping up Bryce and surrounding him with talent to make this a make or break year, that Bryce will suffer a season ending injury in the preseason or the first few weeks. 

Us getting stuck in "is he or isn't he?" limbo for another year is the most Panthers thing that could happen to us. 

in that scenario they would still draft a qb in the top 10

• Pie 1

Bryce never looked like he was in control of the offense last year. His status as the franchise QB1 is up for grabs starting with mini camp, IMO. Canales doesn’t strick me as the type of coach that sits on a player due to their draft position. If he isn’t learning the system, perfecting it and then taking control of it, then he will be benched. 

He is being given the benefit of the doubt to start with but this has a lot less to do with what we see on game day and more to do with what happens at training camp and in practices. 

I still think Bryce can be a really good to great QB. His skill set and size coming out of college does match up well with the likes of Brees and R Wilson. I think to tap into that skill set the right system has to be put into place.  That’s why Canales is here. 

But Canales didn’t draft Bryce. And technically neither did Morgan. So if he isn’t buying in and taking the reins, Canales will want to quickly show Tepper how his system does operate with Dalton. 

• Pie 1

The premise of this question is a strange one. What makes this year any different than last year for Bryce in the surrounding talent category? This time last year he supposedly had an all-star coaching staff, a great offensive line, a top RB free agent, and WR drafted to grow with him. ALL of those things fell apart, and a not-so-insignificant share of the Huddle would say it was Brycefault alone with a straight face.

This year he has a new coaching staff on the other end of the experience category and new vet players on offense that on paper should also be great adds. 

This is all situational. He gets this year and next year only because the '25 QB class is so mediocre. You don't throw him aside because "better must be out there somewhere". I could see if there were a sure thing QB prospect for 2025, but there aren't. Every QB at the top of 2025 question marks and nothing about Panther draft history assures that they'll pick the right guy. Like @Jon Snowsaid, being desperate for a QB is what got us here. Dumping Bryce without a sure fire plan is like quitting a job without knowing the chances of success with what you're doing next. Short of Mahomes magically becoming available, he'll get to play out his rookie contract.

Edited by BrisbanePanther

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

What does the NFL stand for?  Bryce has already been paid most of his money on his contract. We are back on the first round next year, so if we suck again we have are pick of whoever the best player is. Canales has no attachment to any players already here, firing another coach will make tepper look even worse than he already does. Jets gave up on wilson quickly,  niners gave up on trey lance when they invested even more. Bryce isn't on the pedestal yall think he is on and you forget the nfl can change like the wind at anytime. 

you feel how you feel, but bryce is not trey lance. if bryce played on the niners, he would be their starter. Bryce is going to continue to get chances because he is talented