• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An analysis of Brooks from The Fantasy Footballers provides possible insight as to why he's worth the price paid

TD alt

29 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Can't wait till we pay him 100 million dollars then trade him off for scraps only to be stuck eating a ton of dead money then use all those picks to draft a 37 year old pass rusher that can't rush

You are clearly a positive person. Great post!

• Pie 9

He reminds me of a poor mans Todd Gurley, which is still pretty darn good.  He doesn't have Gurley's top-end track speed and Gurley had more of a stronger build to him, but their playstyles and strengths as RBs are about the same.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

he's apparently already running on it. 

ACL isn't a big deal anymore, especially for a 20 year old. 

Yep. Gurley tore his ACL around the same time in college and was playing by Week 3 and looked dominant the rest of the season.

Not that I expect Brooks to come close to that kind of impact as a rookie.  But just giving an example that proves your point.  Unless there were any complications with the surgery or recovery process, we should expect him to be at around at least 70-80% by the first week.  It should help that he won't be expected to carry the full-load.  I see Hubbard/Sanders splitting the majority of the 1st, 2nd, and short-yardage touches for the first half of the season, but Brooks should be the best pass-catcher out of the backfield on day one.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Brooks is a fuging monster and not a need at all. He reminds me of Stewart when we already had DeAngelo. yeah holy poo this guy rules but why did we draft him?

i kinda love it. 

also full disclosure i was accidentally tripping balls during the second round. like it came on so fast and so hard i barely got to the couch in time or i would have had a floor night. 

when they drafted him, I was peaking and one of my favorite songs was hitting its crescendo and i had almost a religious experience so he's basically my favorite player of all time now. 

That sounds like an amazing night! Brooks is my favorite pick of this draft. Getting the best player at their position in the second round AND getting back next years 2nd round pick is one hell of a 2nd round for Dan Morgan as a GM. 

Edited by FutureDynasty
  • Pie 4