• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets footage on the trade back from 65

13 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I would kill for this with the Rams where we picked up next year 2nd. I bet that was INTENSE 

Honestly, I doubt it. That franchise seems pretty emotionless about trading away 1st and 2nd round picks. It's quite the anomaly.

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, I doubt it. That franchise seems pretty emotionless about trading away 1st and 2nd round picks. It's quite the anomaly.

people were talking about how excited McVay probably was at getting a first round pick this year and i think he was probably like...

As If No GIF by Desus & Mero

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Interesting that we initiated that trade, we called them

Probably knew our spot wasn't as enticing when they were looking for interest earlier, so once it got to a certain point and no trade had been announced, you have a tiny bit of leverage I would think that they feel they are running out of options.

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Interesting that we initiated that trade, we called them

Dan must have truly wanted to draft around the 150 area in the 5th. Seems he traded for dang near all the picks around there.

On 5/1/2024 at 5:51 PM, Basbear said:

Dan must have truly wanted to draft around the 150 area in the 5th. Seems he traded for dang near all the picks around there.

There was a lot of talent in the fifth, more than any in the last five years. 😆 

On 4/30/2024 at 9:21 PM, 07579394 said:

LOL,gained a 5th round pick,and lost Colson.

Yeah, much preferred Coulson to Wallace. Wallace is the better coverage guy, but Coulson seems to understand what's going on a lot more. At least at this stage. More upside on Wallace, but Coulson is more likely to be ready to start if someone gets hurt. 

Dan's got quite a job to do washing the stink off from the Fitterer regime. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I wasn't happy with our choice to keep him, but even I've got to say he seems to have done well, at least on paper, for this point.

But we've felt this way before at this point in the season -- All optimistic.

I'm not completely withdrawing my earlier judgement, but he's beginning to make a case for himself.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Dan's got quite a job to do washing the stink off from the Fitterer regime. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I wasn't happy with our choice to keep him, but even I've got to say he seems to have done well, at least on paper, for this point.

But we've felt this way before at this point in the season -- All optimistic.

I'm not completely withdrawing my earlier judgement, but he's beginning to make a case for himself.

you are correct, it's too early to judge.

one thing that's interesting to think about is, we have have a pretty good idea of what dan is looking for and that vision is a bit more clear in the draft. it's kind of these ferocious guys that have that fight or that dawg in them. some have a lot of natural talent, but are a bit unrefined and untuned, but they play with a lot of aggression. and we can see that he's trying to get us back to a point where no matter what we did, we were going to be putting up a fight.

i think both he and canales have that in mind, but more morgan in the design and he got canales in to get that fight in them tuned and refined and channeled where it needs to go.

looking back at the past couple regimes...rhule, reich, fitt...especially fitt...what was the plan? what was their vision of the panthers? what did they have in mind? i don't think i know. i don't think they knew. 

• Pie 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:38 PM, MHS831 said:

I realize that the players performance will finalize opinions, but they certainly did not bully Morgan. He got the best of the trades he was involved in---and he seems to have done well in free agency.    This is a two year process if both years are done correctly---I did not want Morgan. 

Changing my mind.

how is it changing your mind? you've seen nothing of the product on the field. WE SAID THE SAME THING LAST YEAR

knowing how this team works, johnson will have a TD week one but Theilen will continue to be force fed, Mingo and Legette will have little impact on the offense, and they'll continue to trot out Miles Sanders to run for a yard every down then punt. It's worse than John Fox era.