• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Thoughts on Legette based upon an ex-scout's ranking him WR1 in the draft

6 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Why even watch them? I mean if you are already saying you are projecting another failed season with happening what you are claiming will happen then where is the motivation for you to even watch? Sounds as if you have zero hope here, so what's the point or motivation for you to even turn your tv on next season?

I think people with extreme level of pessimism are very cynical when someone shares an optimistic view of anything.  Instead of trying to break out of it, they try to drag people down into their worlds.  Being right becomes more important that the outcome.  For example, if someone predicts that a plane would crash and it crashes, they would become euphoric and proud of themselves. 

• Beer 4
  • Flames 1

If you only count this past year and take age out of grade, its possible XL is among the top 3. But come on, this is silly......next thing you'll here is brooks was #1 RB on some ramdo ex-scout ranking....

First, we didn't have an opportunity in drafting the best receivers in the class.  

So that meant that we had to pick from players for various reasons, were ranked on a lower tier. 

Our decision makers chose the player that has the most upside. That developing that talent that exists in him, puts him in the top tier of receivers.  Several experts are willing to argue that he is capable of being the best from this draft class.  

Seems pretty obvious to me why Dan Morgan drafted this guy.  

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

We know he can catch get open win the jump ball....wait till he gets drilled by an nfl caliber player... how might that change him....

Like every other rookie. Do you have a point other than grasping for negatives?

30 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

First, we didn't have an opportunity in drafting the best receivers in the class.  

So that meant that we had to pick from players for various reasons, were ranked on a lower tier. 

Our decision makers chose the player that has the most upside. That developing that talent that exists in him, puts him in the top tier of receivers.  Several experts are willing to argue that he is capable of being the best from this draft class.  

Seems pretty obvious to me why Dan Morgan drafted this guy.  

If he can be our next Moose I'll take it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

If you only count this past year and take age out of grade, its possible XL is among the top 3. But come on, this is silly......next thing you'll here is brooks was #1 RB on some ramdo ex-scout ranking....

Am I missing something here? 

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think people with extreme level of pessimism are very cynical when someone shares an optimistic view of anything.  Instead of trying to break out of it, they try to drag people down into their worlds.  Being right becomes more important that the outcome.  For example, if someone predicts that a plane would crash and it crashes, they would become euphoric and proud of themselves. 

Very true. I think (don’t hold me to the exact stat) that only 10% of draft picks end up being considered upgrades/legitimate help for a team. If that stat holds true 90% of the time the pessimist has an argument that he/she is right.   That usually comes in the form of “I told you so”  

That said, I applaud anyone coming in here  trying to be optimistic even when/if I think they may be a bit unrealistic. I think that is a facet of fandom. 

• Pie 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, MrBubba said:

Legette is a nice prospect, with lots of upside.  But this guy saying he is better than Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors, sorry but he's out of his ever loving mind.  

I dont have a dog in the fight besides hoping for the best for our guy now that he's a Panther, and admittedly, I kept up with football, both college and pro, and the draft, the least I have in my life this past year bc of life changes...  that being said, XL didn't have the QB talent or coaching that any of those other guys did either, so let's see what happens.

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

We know he can catch get open win the jump ball....wait till he gets drilled by an nfl caliber player... how might that change him....

If nothing else, X is muscular and dense. LOL @ getting drilled by an NFL caliber player. You think that playing in the SEC that he wasn't hit by an "NFL caliber player?" X is in the pros now. He'll likely get denser and stronger. When those NFL caliber players are out there making business decisions, you remember this response.