• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Untrue.  Frank and Bryce were a bad fit for one another.  If we would have taken Stroud, we would have been better, I have zero doubt.  Still not a playoff team, but better than two EP walkoff FGs from being winless.  Young would not have done with the Texans what Stroud did.  Frank is an easy scapegoat because he's no longer here. 

Meh 

Be better in all facets with the new players and coaches around him. I'll cut him some slack on the poop show that was last year, BUT the things I did not like last season that I want better: 

• Arm strength and/or better decision making know what you can and can't get away with now.
  • Leadership: this is intangible and I understand we don't see it all but give me something on TV. No slouching, show some fire and have more fun hopefully with more success. 
  • The quick decision making I saw early in the season needs to come back, he got beaten down by himself and supporting cast and was unsure of himself the second half of the season.
  • Learning how to get out of the pocket without being sacked and working some magic there, it was a big plus of his in college. We saw glimpses of it last season.
  • Deep ball accuracy HAS GOT TO IMPROVE, he will never succeed in this league as short QB if he doesn't improve there.
  • Depressing 3 & outs with him throwing ducks can't happen anymore.

If he hits on some of these things he'll naturally have better numbers. Winning more games would cure a whole heck of  a lot too.

• Pie 1

I think it will hopefully be reasonable improvements but I doubt we will compete for the division. 24 TDs 3000 plus yards but I’m not sure we are complete/experienced enough to turn it into wins.

Posted (edited)

Be in the MVP discussion

and no, that’s not a joke, it would literally take that type of season for me to begin to consider him as the possible long term QB of the future.  It’s because I think he’s THAT bad, even him just improving won’t convince me that he should be thought of as a long term solution.

For me, it’s a very simple discussion, he doesn’t posses a single above average physical trait for todays QB position, and he doesn’t have many at even an average level, most are below average to downright awful.

And that’s just not something you should be trying to build a team around, especially with the direction the position is moving in todays game. 

None of this is a surprise either, it was all there on tape before the draft, it never made sense to me to think he has some super brain that is so superior to any one else’s that it can overcome the fact that he has the physical abilities of an average high school QB.

I still think he has the potential to be a gap starter type of QB in this league, like a Teddy Two Gloves.

But that’s not who I want to try and build around for the future in the slightest.

it was a horrible trade and an even worse pick, sunk cost already, just gotta ride him out until we are in a position to draft someone new, potentially as early as next draft (although I’m not against sucking for two years and doing it in 2026 if there isn’t anyone worth it next year, just like the Bears just did, trade the pick and compile assets for an extra year).

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Well at least we got the first zinger about Bryce haters out of the way on the first page.

Folks here also groaned about Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold haters too.

We actually looked significantly worse after Reich was fired. That shutout loss to the Jaguars missing their starting QB is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. And that's saying something for our Panthers.

People can want to protect him from meanies online but there are still 17 games to be played and 16 games worth of tape on him that plenty of defenders are waiting to pounce on. I can assure they don't give a damn about haters.

• Pie 1

Im going to need to see improvement on all levels from Bryce to believe in him. He didnt seem extremely aggressive with the ball in his hands so id like to see him as more of a threat to push the ball downfield and beat teams with his arm immediately. I would like to see him display more confidence and take the next step to becoming a leader on the team. More of everything positive and less of everything negative from last season. If we dont see improvements on all levels then we may be needing to draft a replacement for 2025. I just need to see some improvement in all areas for me to desire to give Bryce another full season the following year.

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The middle one.  He'll be better because he can't possibly be any worse.  That said, his improvement will be marginal.  We will have a few more wins, but not fighting for the division...unless the wheels come off the other three teams as well.

Oh he can be worse….NFL teams will now have a years worth of film on him, all his issues and tendencies.  It’s why year 2 is historically hard on QBs and the sophomore slump term is used.

and he is playing in a new scheme with a rookie HC and rookie OC.  Which that alone sets up more difficulty.  Then on top of that, the O is going to be built for a downfield gunslinger. 

I personally think Bryce looks worse this year.  Too much sets up for that.  

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, CRA said:

Oh he can be worse….NFL teams will now have a years worth of film him, all his issues and tendencies.  It’s why year 2 is historically hard on QBs and the sophomore slump term is used.

and he is playing in a new scheme with a rookie HC and rookie OC.  Which that alone sets up more difficulty.  Then on top of that, the O is going to be built for a downfield gunslinger. 

I personally think Bryce looks worse this year.  Too much sets up for that.  

If the offense is built for a downfield gunslinger, then we yet again made the wrong HC hire and he should be fired before the 2025 season and start this all over again next year.

I'm not saying that will be the case in the end, but if a new coach comes in, with Bryce as his QB, and then builds that type of offense to try and have him run, then he shouldn't have the job.

Being a HC in the NFL means building your schemes around the players you have, not forcing players into your own desires, because if they don't have the skills to play that way, it's never going to work.

It's one thing to teach players how to run your schemes when they have the translatable skills to do so, but it's something else entirely to build an offense that requires abilities your players just flat out don't posses. 

Edited by tukafan21

The overall stats aren’t a good indicator of what I’d need to see.  Personally I need to see him show he can drive the ball down the field.  The offensive line should be better and I’m assuming the passing scheme will result in more open receivers.  Hes gonna have to show he can make big time throws.  Not just from a yardage point of view, but 3rd down and red zone situations.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Untrue.  Frank and Bryce were a bad fit for one another.  If we would have taken Stroud, we would have been better, I have zero doubt.  Still not a playoff team, but better than two EP walkoff FGs from being winless.  Young would not have done with the Texans what Stroud did.  Frank is an easy scapegoat because he's no longer here. 

In the nfc south if we had picked stroud i believe easily playoff team and everyone frank may have gotten coach of the year. 

• Pie 1

3500+ yards

25 TD's 

Less than 10 INT. 

Ultimately it's more about leading the team to wins. 

Wins and losses are a team Stat. 

Anything less than winning the division is a failure on the team. 

They can say they are rebuilding all they want to, every team's goal is to win their division to make it to the playoffs.  

That's the bottom line. 

• Pie 1