• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does the Canales era have a new vibe?

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

So what do you want then?

The vet coach? = Reich

The team builder = Rhule?

Im my opinion we picked up a young coach, who has a track record of helping under performing QBs. That EXACTLY what we needed. We have a sunk cost in BY right now so might as well throw everything we have to help his succeed. Given what this team has done with what they had, Im pretty happy with it. 

Want? I'm just a spectator. I'm just surprised Tepper went with someone so green that's all. I've never heard of this guy. All I know is that it's a tall order for someone so green to build an offense much less a team.

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

We have a sunk cost in BY right now so might as well throw everything we have to help his succeed. 

Per Wikipedia or any college level micro Econ course - 

Sunk Cost Fallacy:  In economics and business decision-making, a sunk cost (also known as retrospective cost) is a cost that has already been incurred and cannot be recovered. [1] [2] Sunk costs are contrasted with prospective costs, which are future costs that may be avoided if action is taken. 

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 1

i just think Canales ihonestly s way to green for this job as HC in Carolina & that David Tepper made once again another knee jersey jerk decision out of desperation in an attempt to fix Bryce Young 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, bandu said:

i just think Canales ihonestly s way to green for this job as HC in Carolina & that David Tepper made once again another knee jersey jerk decision out of desperation in an attempt to fix Bryce Young 

Many media folk had him as the next Seattle coach. It’s a wait and see.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Many media folk had him as the next Seattle coach. It’s a wait and see.

did Seattle interview or request an interview with Canales for their HC vacancy ?

for some reason i was thinking the Panthers were the only team in the NFL that offered Canales an interview ? 

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1

He talks way too much about his time in Seattle and Russell Wilson and how they built that team in 2012.  

I won’t fall for any of it until I see them play for a year 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

So what do you want then?

The vet coach? = Reich

The team builder = Rhule?

Im my opinion we picked up a young coach, who has a track record of helping under performing QBs. That EXACTLY what we needed. We have a sunk cost in BY right now so might as well throw everything we have to help his succeed. Given what this team has done with what they had, Im pretty happy with it. 

Great point.  We have tried several options at coaching. Let's see what our own young, hotshot, OC guy does.

As far as his pressers, I'm not a huge fan of the super duper religious people who have to insert God and Jesus into everything.  Despite his faith, I haven't heard that much in his media stuff for the team which I'm fine with.  Just a very personal thing to me.  So for me, that's a good thing.

When we hired Canales, someone in the media sphere said that we hired the right guy a year or two early.  So what that tells me is that we need to be patient with Canales.  Hopefully Tepper is and we can see what he's able to do.  Then again, Tepper has proven himself to be mercurial and will burn cash to get what he wants.

The reality is that the NFL does require a bit of seasoning on new things before you can make a final determination.  Hopefully he's willing to give Canales 3 years to see what we have.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The eyes thing is a little odd and sometimes I feel like his mouth doesn't match up to the words he's saying like an old kung fu movie. 

He seems to have the right attitude though. The past 3 have all given me baptist pastor vibes though. Probably because Rhule and Canales' dad were both pastors and Reich himself actually was one. 

On 5/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

To be honest I just haven't been paying attention. I have PTSD from all these shitty Tepper hires. I'm just going to wait and see what takes the field.

This is the best way to look at it imo. I cant exactly remember but I'm pretty sure there were plenty here over the moon for Rhule and Reich and we see how that ended up

I particularly remember it with Rhule. People loved the way he talked and inspired at first. Then his message just soured and everyone turned against him eventually when we weren't winning enough games. 

I think Canales definitely deserves more than 1 year from Tepper. Especially if Bryce ends up sucking. Canales deserves the chance to pick his own QB, he should really get 3 years or the 2 and some change Rhule got at the very least...

4 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

This is the best way to look at it imo. I cant exactly remember but I'm pretty sure there were plenty here over the moon for Rhule and Reich and we see how that ended up

I particularly remember it with Rhule. People loved the way he talked and inspired at first. Then his message just soured and everyone turned against him eventually when we weren't winning enough games. 

Exactly. When you suck and there's a major change obviously there's hope there. But the massive hopeful chance failures that have concluded in even worse abysmal failures during the Tepper era have just left me with no appetite for .ore blind hope at this point. I'm just going to sit back and wait and see. I'm done getting emotionally invested in this team's success until I see signs on the field that we might not be a complete poo show anymore. Because I've come to expect a complete poo show from Tepper's Panthers.

• Beer 2