• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting News

NJPanthers12

wrong. lol no offense, but Goodson is leagues ahead of Goings. Hell, Sutton is leagues ahead of Goings..

all the sudden we got Goodson (who filled in beautifully last year) and Sutton (who has proven to be a legit backup RB)..

DWill is a top RB in the league.. but there won't be any huge dropoff if for whatever reason they let him go.

I agree that it wouldn't be the end of the world if Dwill signs somewhere else, I want him to stay because all around he's a freakin awesome guy.

However my biggest fear is there would probably be a good amount of the fanbase that would not only want Marty's head but Rivera's too because they would probably some how connect it to him. I met an idiot the other day that wants Ron gone because of the Cam selection (probably a Bama fan). I dont want that negativity coming in before this plane even takes off and the Panthers FO probably doesn't want that either.

In going around the league there are articles about 12 different teams being rumored to want Joseph. And the general comment is that after Aso and Bailey he may be one of the best. This translates to: after Aso breaks the bank, this will set the bidding for the next few guys on the list which is where Joseph will be. He will get big bucks which is totally incompatible with Hurney's approach over the past several years.

It is nice to dream about but I would be very surprised if we actually spend the money to acquire him. We will pick up a corner but it won't be a big buck guy I am afraid.

The defensive line is the most suspect without a doubt. We do have potential, but there is not one person who can predict how those players will pan out. I'd like to think both Fua and McClain will be difference makers this season. I really like Fua. Their success is crucial to the success of our defense as a unit, all 9 other guys out there need some penetration from the middle to be able to make plays. Hopefully Cofield is here.

As for the ends, CJ needs to be resigned, he would be and should be the anchor on our defensive front. I like what we have in Hardy, as long as the kid stays healthy. He has the size and athleticism to be a monster in this league and he showed his talent when given the chances last season. I have not counted out Brown yet, the new coaching staff could light a fire under him and he may be a breakout player this season.

The LB core is as good if not better than the vast majority in the league. I would really like us to pick up a proven starter at CB. Joseph is my top choice. I like our safeties, I tend to believe they will only continue to get better. This coaching staff is going to bring out the best in Martin and Godfrey. Gamble was clearly frustrated last season, and believe he will be earning every dollar of that fat contract this season.

Also Richard Marshall is not that liked among his teammates. And for people who are going to question this that he cannot speak to players because of the lockout he can. He is a Panthers employee who works on the business side of the team. He does not work with the players.

Hate to hear this about RM, because I'm a fan. Oh well...they bring in a guy like Eric Wright, and I'll be happy.

Props for all the info! Great to hear some news about the team

Man I really really want us to sign Jonathan Joseph. If we can bring in Joseph and bring back all of our own players, this team will have some core. Joseph, Gamble, Martin, Munnerlyn, Godfrey and Pugh in the secondary. Beason, Davis, Anderson, and Connor as our linebackers. Then Hardy, Johnson, Brown, Norwood, McClain, Fua, Cofield, and Landri on the line. That is a good looking defense were probably a few players away on the defensive line depending on how Brown, Hardy, Fua, and McClain develop.

On offense we have a good line, a young QB, great running game, and I love Gettis and LaFell. There are also good WR in next years draft, and I expect us to be picking high. You add that kid from South Carolina or Oklahoma St. to Gettis and LaFell, we have a pretty good you team.

Gettis, LaFell, Newton, DeAngelo, Stewart, Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Otah, Beason, Anderson, Davis, Johnson, Hardy, Gamble, Martin, and Munnerlyn were all drafted and could be here for a long time. You add that with some free agents like Joseph and Cofield we will be very good sooner rather then later.

I would love to have Joseph as well but I think he will go back to the bungals so he can be a #1 CB.

I would love to have Joseph as well but I think he will go back to the bungals so he can be a #1 CB.

he'll be on the field just as much as Gamble.. if he has any passion to win, he'll get the fug out of Cincy.. if he just wants a check, he'll pull an Aso and keep playing for a losing team. (speaking to his last contract that is now up)

I'm not a fan of Richard Marshall at all.. The guy was beat on tons of plays. I honestly do not want Wright either...we need somebody worth a damn at the number 2 CB spot. Market will be tough for a good one this year that's for sure.

I think Marshall has a weed habit that he felt he needed to express to the league during his rookie symposium thus opening himself up to more frequent drug tests thus not allowing him to smoke as often as he'd like thus making him grumpy.

Archived